davo_dw's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

I will never forget the first time I walked into the Notre Dame Cathedral, in Paris

Through this picture taken with my parents in Paris in  2015, I want to recall the majesty of the Cathedral Notre Dame in Paris .

Its history, the artistry and the spirituality of this place will be alwasys impressed in my heart.

I join the sadnnotre dame de Paris.jpgess of my French friends.

Level 9

A Beautiful city and Cathedral, Notre-Dame de Paris

Paris is a city of elegant boutiques and cafes, where sitting on a terraced cafe is the answer to your questions of 'what can I do this fine, sunny day?'

It is the home of the River Seine and the respected landmark, Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, which yesterday I was devastated to see one of its towers on fire.  It took me a good few hours to 'regain consciousness' as I saw the flames engulfing part of this historic landmark, that Monsieur le Président, Emmanuel Macron, said this morning, he is determined to see the Cathedral being rebuilt.

Obviously, it has to be done because it is a truly inspiring Cathedral with its architecturally beautiful structures and historic significance, but the immediate reaction around the world to this incident shows how respected it is to the world.

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris in the early 2000s and before yesterday's incidentCathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris in the early 2000s and before yesterday's incident

https://goo.gl/maps/mSesbyjnUaM2

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris

A place to sit.  Reflect, find solace

where the bustling city hurries you along

on all sides, left, right and left, then diagonal

back to the terraces cafes draw us to.

The coffee, scene and gateaux help

to add the solace our inner selves crave.

© nature thoughts nw

Level 8

Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris, France.

IMG20181025164257.jpgIMG20181025162920.jpg

------------
Level 7

Re: Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris, France.

this is breathtaking

Level 8

Truly shocked by the News of the fire in the Cathedral. I visited the Norte dame cathedral in october-november last year (2018). I was amazed by the beautiful Gothic structure.Really sad to hear the news.

Level 7

Yes it's very unfortunate indeed! @ravikiran_bangalor 

Connect Moderator

Re: A Beautiful city and Cathedral, Notre-Dame de Paris

I was driving home, yesterday, when I heard this terrible news on the radio, @Kol-Colleen_2018.

I was in Paris a few weeks ago for a short visit, and Notre Dame was on my list for Saturday. As you can imagine, I had to change my program due to the unfair and dangerous situation that affected Paris every Saturday, with the closure of the city center.

We changed our program, thinking about to visit Notre Dame in the future. Fortunately, listening on today's news, it appears that the structure of the building has not been damaged, so it will be possible to re-build it soon.

I would like to suggest @DeniGu to merge all the post about this subject, that is a tragedy for the history and the culture of Europe and the whole planet, for every Local Guide to comment on the same thread.

Thank you for sharing

Level 9

Re: A Beautiful city and Cathedral, Notre-Dame de Paris

Oh wow! Ok, graci @ErmesT 

Yes I was totally devastated yesterday as Notre Dame de Paris is one of my favourite places to visit. I would sit there and reflect when I was in Paris studying in the early 2000s.

Graci again.

Colleen

Connect Moderator

Re: I will never forget the first time I walked into the Notre Dame Cathedral, in Paris

Thank you for sharing your thought about this terrible tragedy @Giuseppe75 , @KristinaIBRA , @ravikiran_bangalor , @LianLucasoficial , @Irish-Man-Travels 

I want to inform you that I am merging your post to another one about the same subject, so to keep the sentiment of everyone all together

Level 7

The Notre Dame Basilica Cathedral in Paris has been visited by fire.

caption: source from internet.caption: source from internet.

Everybody has known that the Notre Dame Basilica Cathedral was in fire yesterday, which is shocked not only for French people but also for everybody in the world.

The purpose of writing this post is that I want to show my sorry to all French people and hope that people in the world would pray for this.

PS: I feel so sad whenever seeing those pictures. Please share those because they need finance to restore it.

#sadnews