NoonSayNabeel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A 101 on Google Local Guides & Lahore Meetup

So after numerously failing to submit my Local Guide Meetup (and after two rejections missing the deadline) I still decided to go ahead with my first meetup.

The discussion moved around a variety of topics starting with introduction to Local Guides, to the need to make places more "accessible" to people sharing their experiences on solo travel. 

It was a fun meetup with new guides and old guns - with the newbies pledging to start reviewing more aggressively. Now that i have a flavor of a meetup and the caveats that go to submitting one, I am looking forward to hosting another one in the next month or so!  

The Sales PitchThe Sales PitchMandatory SelfieMandatory SelfieDone with the MeetupDone with the Meetup

Kickstart Cafe, Lahore, Pakistan
3 comments
Google Moderator

Re: A 101 on Google Local Guides & Lahore Meetup

Hey @NoonSayNabeel,

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts and these photos! It seems you had a great time!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@Ivi_Ge thanks for your comments. I would have liked for the meet-up to be a bit gender diverse but nonetheless a new learning each time. I think at times meet-up reviewers can at time be stringent regarding the lingo.. i had used the term recruit new people in a more colloquial way.. and i was given feedback that we are not hiring people.. Hey i am a level 8 guide.. yes i understand i haven't been sent to the moon by Google.. and people will still ask guides their association to google.. and you deal with these issues when they arise. In the act of trying to save itself from a lawsuit.. sometimes big corps take the FUN out of Fundamentals 😛 If you know what i mean. 

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @NoonSayNabeel ,

For a successful Meetup. 👍

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge