TorM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

9 days, 8 countries- Europe is beautiful!

Yes!
On the 10th of August 2018 I will start a 9 days Europe trip with my youngest son. Most important is for me only, that we have this time together and that he with 11 years are like his father totally addicted by traveling. 

We will have about 4.000 km in front of us and plan to visit 8 countries. Now you maybe also know why we have to go without wife/ mother and without teens….  B4A97D50-B183-4BD7-8EEA-F8DB22AD038C.jpeg

There is only ONE restriction from my son. “Please don’t make too many Google Map Pictures…”  I did promise him.  

What is most important: 
-        No accommodation is booked. Because this is freedom.  
-        Long trips are in the early morning (from 4 am.) or in the late afternoon (10 pm), as this gives the maximum of time in the towns. 
-        The route can change every minute, as it is only an idea. Whenever we like, we can stay or make the trip shorter (or maybe longer). 
-        We travel through regions in Europe with big contrast, important historical milestones and outside of the European Union. We were once in Swiss, but somehow Serbia and Bosnia Herzegovina are a bit different to Swiss. 

What gives me to think: 
-        First time in his life, my son will see border controls inside the European Union… 

Why I tell you? 
-        In case you have ideas, what to see around the route, please tell me. Especially for a 11 year old boy. 
-        Maybe you like to have at least an “unofficial” stop over Meet Up, do not hesitate to contact me. We are free…  
-        Tell me some special food I should try and (only for my son) special sweets. 

Hope to see some of you during the trip.  

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Kroatien
12 comments
Level 10

Re: 9 days, 8 countries- Europe is beautiful!

Hi @TorM

All the Best for Advantureous tour of eight countries.

Keep posting some nice pics.

Cheers !!

Vijay Desai.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @VijayDesai,

I hope I will meet great people on this trip. I go through the alphabet on the map. 16.09. in Markaska is already fixed.

Maybe on the way is a chance to meet 

@ErmesT

@Csaba

@Anonymous

@hrryst

@Julien44 , did you manage to meet some LG in Croatia?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.
Connect Moderator

Wow @TorM, it seems a wonderful trip. I love your segment along the coast (G - H). Nice to take a lot of wonderful photos. It seems you are passing very very close to me.

🙂

Connect Moderator

Yes, @ErmesT, G-H will be a nice part of the route. When possible for both of us, late Saturday 18.08. or Sunday morning we have the chance to meet...

@Anonymous, thank you. I will see how we schedule the zoo! Good idea. Mainly I‘m going to Serbia 🇷🇸 due to food. I love the way the meat is prepared there...

I have been before in all this counties, except of Bosnien and Herzegovina 🇧🇦.

Sarajevo will be for sure interesting. Don’t remember to have seen LG on Connect from BiH.

Level 10

Hi  @TorM,

Your road trip is just amazing: 9 days, 8 countries and more than 4000km. The last but not the least with your youngest son. I am sure you will have a good time.

Regarding meet-up in Croatia, unfortunatly not! I didn't have the chance to meet any local guide there ;-(. I meet locals but no local guide connected in here!

I have started writing a post but it is not finalized yet.

Wishing you all the best with you son! Please don't forget to tag me when you will post your recap ;-).

See you around

Jul

Connect Moderator

@Tito, FYI

Google Moderator

Hey @TorM,

This is a great undertaking! Hope you have fun with your son, I'm sure he'll grow up to be a passionate traveller as well.

While in Budapest, by the way, make sure to go on a boat ride down the Danube, as you can catch a great shot of the Hungarian Parliament building from the river. Also, some friends of mine recommended going to the thermal baths, although it might be too hot for hot springs. 🙂

There are some nice pieces of advice in this topic as well - Need advice in my first trip (Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest).

Whatever you decide to see and do, I'm sure that it'll be a wonderful experience.

I'm already looking forward to a recap of this journey!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hello @TorM I hope that you and your son have A Wonderful Adventure! Safe journey to you both. You are creating lovely childhood memories for your son.