parichaymehta's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

9 Things To Do In Brussels

Brussels is a well-known city but not many tourists see it from a touristic perspective. The city is sandwiched between popular tourist destinations like Amsterdam & Paris. Even other towns of Belgium, like Bruges & Ghent, are more popular among tourists than Brussels.

We had a similar thought but after spending 2 days in the capital of Belgium, we were pleasantly surprised. There are so many things to do in Brussels & you need to keep at least 2 days to explore its attractions & gulp down all the Belgian beers.

1. Grand Place

Grand-Place-Brussels-1

Grand Place is the central part of the city where no vehicles are permitted. You can walk up to the Grand Place and get in the awe of its architecture. The city hall & other guild halls in the center are beautiful. During important days, there are special light & sound shows on the structures & according to the theme of the festival, you will also find decorations, stalls & many more things in the Grand Place.

Grand-Palce-Brussels-2

Grand Place is definitely one of the best things to do in Brussels, especially during festivals.

2. Mannekin Pis

Mannekin-Pis-1

When we heard of Mannekin Pis as one of the best things to do in Brussels, we started laughing but we were intrigued as well. Mannekin Pis is a really small statue of a kid peeing. You will not be able to spot it from far but a lot of crowd near the statue is guaranteed. Don’t just go there & see it because that way, it is not fun. Get a guide who can talk about all the stories about the peeing boy because they are a lot more fun.

Mannekin-Pis-2

Mannekin Pis is not just a naked kid. His attires are changed according to the seasons, festivals & sometimes, even with world events. There is a shop near the statue which is dedicated to only making clothes for Mannekin Pis. Interesting, isn’t it? 😀

3. Belgian Comic Strip Center

Belgian-Comic-Strip-Center-1
This was one of my most favorite things to do in Brussels. If you love comic books or comic strips, this is the place that you must visit. Belgian Comic Strip Center is one of the most detailed museums that I’ve seen in my life. Right from the first comic strip, they have everything in the center. Their dedication in maintaining this art & its history is commendable. Belgium’s contribution to the comic world is immense & that is also a reason to visit the Belgian Comic Strip Center.

Belgian-Comic-Strip-Center-2

If you love buying or collecting comics, there is a shop inside the center where you can read & buy many comics (some rare ones as well).

4. Mini-Europe

Mini-Europe-Brussels
Mini Europe was literally the first thing we visited in Brussels & that was so much fun. Mini-Europe is a park where miniatures of many European monuments are located.  Right from Big Ben, Eiffel Tower, Acropolis, Grand Place to Doge’s Palace, Sacré-Cœur, Berlin Wall & many more monuments from most of the European countries can be visited in the park. For kids, this is a wonderful learning activity. Towards the evening, all the monuments are lit up & they look mesmerizing. The amount of detailing in every monument is simply mind-blowing.

If you get hungry while exploring the park, you can visit their restaurant as well. A must when in Brussels.

5. Atomium

Atomium-Brussels
Just outside Mini-Europe, you will find Atomium – the most recognizable monument of Brussels. In all ‘things to do in Brussels’ lists, you will find Atomium at the top spot because it is beautiful & a man-made marvel. You can get the best panoramic views of Brussels from the Atomium. There are many temporary & permanent exhibits that can be visited inside the Atomium. One of the romantic things to do in Brussels should include a dinner at the panoramic restaurant inside the Atomium.

You can get a combined ticket of Mini-Europe, Atomium & Oceade (Waterpark) at a discounted rate.

6. Autoworld

Autoworld-Brussels-1
If there is one thing that you might not find anywhere else in the world other than Brussels, then it has to be Autoworld. It is a vintage car museum which has one of the largest collection of cars IN THE WORLD. From ancient cars to the latest sports cars, they have everything under one big giant roof. Autoworld is a treat for kids & adults alike because everybody loves cars!

Autoworld-Brussels-2
If you are an ardent automobile lover, you will require an entire day to go through Autoworld’s collection because it is giant. Don’t miss this for anything.

7. Parc du Cinquantenaire

Parc-du-Cinquantenaire
Just outside Autoworld, you will find one more attraction of Brussels – Parc du Cinquantenaire. It is a large public park with fountains. It is a great place to relax, especially during the Summertime. If you want to make some great memories in Brussels, then take pictures in Parc du Cinquantenaire because it is simply beautiful.

8. Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert

Galeries-Royales-Saint-Hubert
Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert are almost 170 years old shopping arcade in the center of Brussels. It gets its place in the list because these galleries, these lanes are royal. Even if you are just roaming around, it is an experience. Along with the popular global brands, you will find so many local stores here. From restaurants, cafes, bakeries to art galleries & theaters can be found inside Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert.

9. Chocolate & Beer Tour

Belgium is known for its beers, chocolates, and waffles. Brussels being the capital, it has everything that the country has to offer. But too many choices can lead to confusion & that’s why we really recommend that you take one of the Beer & Chocolates Tour in Brussels. We took the beer & chocolate tour with the Brussels Journey & we had a great time!
Other Monuments

There are many more things to do in Brussels but we only had 2 days. If you have been to Brussels & know more places, let us know in the comments below! 🙂
Brussels, Belgium
15 comments
Level 9

Re: 9 Things To Do In Brussels

It is very nice and interesting  post!

I like your post very much,because you write a lot of information in detail.  I know Brussels that place -is worth to visit

I have never been in Brussels.

Thank you very much for your excellent post and video @parichaymehta

Best wishes,

Inga

Level 6

Thank you for the appreciation @helga19. Hope you, too, visit Brussels soon & explore this attractions.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @parichaymehta,

Thanks for sharing these amazing tips for visiting Brussels!

You are right that these are the most important places when you visit Brussels. I would recommend also the Royal Palace of Brussels. It's really very nice and interesting to see it! When you go there in the summer you can also visit the flower carpet which is really huge and incredible!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hey @parichaymehta,

What a great share! I stayed in Brussels for 2 days as well but I was not able to visit that many places. Thanks to your post now I can see what I've missed. What is more, I have a reason to go back and explore the city once again. 🙂

My favorite place there was the Grand-Place de Bruxelles. Even though it is full of people at all times, nobody can deny its beauty. 

A chocolate lover like me, I was walking with a smile along the streets full of chocolate shops and waffle booths. I did try a waffle covered with chocolate, of course, and some peanut butter for extra calories. No regrets. 🙂

Here are some photos which I took during my trip to Brussels.

Caption: A photo of the Grand Square in Brussels (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of the Grand Square in Brussels (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of  the Town Hall in Brussels (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of the Town Hall in Brussels (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Thank you @PoliMC. Yes, I agree with the Royal Palace of Brussels. Unfortunately, I didn't get enough time to see it from the inside but from all the pictures that I have seen, it looks magnificent!

Level 6

Your pictures are beautiful, @MoniDi! I hope I can go back to Brussels soon to explore more & more things in the city.

Connect Moderator

Excellent post @parichaymehta, and I'm glad you liked the city. If you are looking for a good excuse to go back there: check out this post about the 2nd European Meet-up which is scheduled in Belgium, in June. On the final day of the meet-up I plan to visit either Bruges or Brussels - depends which one gets most votes from the meet-up participants. Based on her comment here, I guess @helga19 might vote for Brussels 😄

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Former Google Contributor

Hi @parichaymehta,

Thanks for your reply!

If you go there again I wish you to visit it! You will be impressed I am sure.

Have a great day!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

You are right  @JanVanHaver

I want to visit Brussels .

But I would like to visit Bruges too.

Before Meet Up I would like to visit Brussels .And after Meet Up- Bruges)

But my plan depend on the time.

This post is very usefull for me,thank you @parichaymehta

Best wishes,