Christina-NYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

8 stunning adventure photos taken by Local Guides

I often come across adventure photos taken by Local Guides like you that capture powerful moments of people enjoying the excitement of nature. Whether it’s an adrenaline-filled white water rafting trip or the scenic view you see after making a long trek to the top of a trail, these photos make others want to explore the great outdoors.

Today, I wanted to share a few of my favorites with all of you. Below are eight awe-inspiring adventure photos taken by Local Guides around the world. Each one expertly captures the thrill of exploration.

1. Nevado Ishinca in Peru. Photographed by Local Guide Stefan Messing.

Caption: A photo of a person jumping over a crevice on a snow-covered mountain in Peru. (Local Guide Stefan Messing)Caption: A photo of a person jumping over a crevice on a snow-covered mountain in Peru. (Local Guide Stefan Messing)

2.  Mount Mitake in Tokyo, Japan. Photographed by Local Guide Li Lyndon.

Caption: A photo of people kayaking in a river at Mount Mitake, captured from above. (Local Guide Li Lyndon)Caption: A photo of people kayaking in a river at Mount Mitake, captured from above. (Local Guide Li Lyndon)

3. Badega Rock Climbing in West Java, Indonesia. Photographed by Local Guide Ocyid.

Caption: A photo of a man sitting on the side of a mountain and looking at the view of a valley in West Java, Indonesia. (Local Guide Ocyid)Caption: A photo of a man sitting on the side of a mountain and looking at the view of a valley in West Java, Indonesia. (Local Guide Ocyid)

4. Marble Caves in Chile. Photographed by Local Guide VykThor.

Caption: A photo of the front of a kayak and other kayakers in the water by the Marble Caves in Chile. (Local Guide VykThor)Caption: A photo of the front of a kayak and other kayakers in the water by the Marble Caves in Chile. (Local Guide VykThor)

5. Fly Algo in Algodonales, Spain. Photographed by Local Guide Johannes Jacobus Van Rijsbergen.

Caption: A photo of a paraglider flying over a beach in Algodonales, Spain. (Local Guide Johannes Jacobus Van Rijsbergen)Caption: A photo of a paraglider flying over a beach in Algodonales, Spain. (Local Guide Johannes Jacobus Van Rijsbergen)

6. Red River Gorge in Kentucky, USA. Photographed by Local Guide Travel KY.

Caption: A photo of a rock climber holding onto a cliff wall, captured from above with a view of ground and trees below. (Local Guide Travel KY)Caption: A photo of a rock climber holding onto a cliff wall, captured from above with a view of ground and trees below. (Local Guide Travel KY)

7. 灣坑頭山 in Yilan County, Taiwan. Photographed by Local Guide 王彥宸.

Caption: A photo of the back view of a person walking up steps with the assistance of walking poles in a hiking area in Yilan County, Taiwan. The steps are surrounded by rolling hills covered in grass. (Local Guide 王彥宸)Caption: A photo of the back view of a person walking up steps with the assistance of walking poles in a hiking area in Yilan County, Taiwan. The steps are surrounded by rolling hills covered in grass. (Local Guide 王彥宸)

8.  Huser Yaylası in Turkey. Photographed by Local Guide Kadir Erdogan.

Caption: A photo of an orange tent on the top of a mountain with a view of a rainbow and mountain range beyond it. (Local Guide Kadir Erdogan)Caption: A photo of an orange tent on the top of a mountain with a view of a rainbow and mountain range beyond it. (Local Guide Kadir Erdogan)

Do you love to capture your experiences in the great outdoors? Share your adventure photos on Google Maps and in the comments below!

70 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: 8 stunning adventure photos taken by Local Guides

Hi @Christina-NYC 

what a great shots..

Local guides love to explore always..

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Former Google Contributor

That's for sure! What was the latest and most interesting thing that you have explored @Sagir?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thanks for sharing photos and comments @Christina-NYC they are super impressive.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 9

Thank you @Christina-NYC for such perfect photos! Fantastic view.!I admire people ,who loves adventures.They life are very interesting and exciting.

I would like to share my photos too.Mountain Dachstein view -level 3000mMountain Dachstein view -level 3000mNisyros island, the bottom of the crater of an extinct volcanoNisyros island, the bottom of the crater of an extinct volcano

Connect Moderator

Hi @KlaudiyaG 

There are many places that I explore  among is Gurara waterfalls. Gurara waterfalls, NigeriaGurara waterfalls, Nigeria

Check this Link for other pictures I shot at Gurara.

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Simply amazing! Thank you for sharing your photo album, I really enjoyed checking all these beautiful photos. Are the waterfalls easy accessible? How long did it take you to reach them @Sagir?

Looking forward to your reply.

Wow @helga19, the panorama view of the Dachstein Mountains is unbelievably gorgeous! When did you have the pleasure to visit this paradise covered with snow?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

I love these @Christina-NYC! And I haven't been to any of these places. I need to travel more 🙂 

Here's my craziest adventure so far going paragliding a few years back. That was a lot of fun! 

Caption: A photo of me paragliding in Bulgaria.Caption: A photo of me paragliding in Bulgaria.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Thank you @KlaudiyaG  for your comment

I visit this snow paradise in January 2018.

It was incredible  impression!

I have been cross -country skiing.,visit intreresting place in the hight mountains.

On the top of the mountain Dachstein-3000m-- there is nice restaurant ,ice cave with ice colorful figures,amazing bridge above the abyss and  descent for extreme skiers.

I have a post about this place  Ramsau am Dachstein on my page.

Level 9

Wow!

It is so breathtaking photo! 

Do you have paragliding expierence @DanniS ?

Perfect! It is very exciting!