Christina-NYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

8 dazzling holiday photos taken by Local Guides

To welcome the holiday season, places around the world are covered in dazzling decorations that light up the night sky. Whether it’s a spectacular tree or a festive market, these holiday spots can be great places to take exciting photos.

Before you start snapping, review how to get the best shots in low light. Remember to turn off the flash and hold your camera steady. This will help you avoid camera shake and keep the lights from looking blurry in your photos.

To get you into the holiday spirit, here are some amazing photos taken by Local Guides around the world. Each one successfully captures the magic of holiday lights during the winter season.

1. Mysore Palace in Karnataka, India. Photographed by Local Guide Sahana S.

Caption: A photo of Mysore Palace in Karnataka, India, lit up at night. (Local Guide Sahana S)Caption: A photo of Mysore Palace in Karnataka, India, lit up at night. (Local Guide Sahana S)

2. Lagos, Nigeria. Photographed by Local Guide Kyoto Dream Trips.

Caption: A photo of holiday lights in the shape of stars taken in the evening alongside a road in Lagos, Nigeria. (Local Guide Kyoto Dream Trips)Caption: A photo of holiday lights in the shape of stars taken in the evening alongside a road in Lagos, Nigeria. (Local Guide Kyoto Dream Trips)

3. Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi in Palermo, Italy. Photographed by Local Guide Eli Ma.

Caption: A photo of intricate lights lit up outside the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi in Palermo, Italy, taken at night. (Local Guide Eli Ma)Caption: A photo of intricate lights lit up outside the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi in Palermo, Italy, taken at night. (Local Guide Eli Ma)

4. Place Vendôme in Paris, France. Photographed by Local Guide Guide Garry McGibbon.

Caption: A photo of the Vendôme Column and christmas trees lit with holiday lights in Place Vendôme in Paris, France. (Local Guide Guide Garry McGibbon)Caption: A photo of the Vendôme Column and christmas trees lit with holiday lights in Place Vendôme in Paris, France. (Local Guide Guide Garry McGibbon)

5. Red Square in Moscow, Russia. Photographed by Local Guide Владимир Прудников.

Caption: A photo of holiday lights and a Christmas tree taken in the evening in Red Square in Moscow, Russia. (Local Guide Владимир Прудников)Caption: A photo of holiday lights and a Christmas tree taken in the evening in Red Square in Moscow, Russia. (Local Guide Владимир Прудников)

6. Parthenon Avenue in Tokyo, Japan. Photographed by Local Guide Makoto Yoshino.

Caption: A photo of a Christmas tree lit up in Parthenon Avenue in Tokyo, Japan. (Local Guide Makoto Yoshino)Caption: A photo of a Christmas tree lit up in Parthenon Avenue in Tokyo, Japan. (Local Guide Makoto Yoshino)

7. Rockefeller Center in New York, NY, USA. Photographed by Local Guide Jonas Modesto.

Caption: A photo of a snow-covered holiday display at Rockefeller Center in New York, NY, which includes a Christmas tree and statues of trumpeting angels. (Local Guide Jonas Modesto)Caption: A photo of a snow-covered holiday display at Rockefeller Center in New York, NY, which includes a Christmas tree and statues of trumpeting angels. (Local Guide Jonas Modesto)

8. Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi, Finland. Photographed by Local Guide Mauro Scardoni.

Caption: A photo of Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi, Finland decorated with holiday lights, Christmas trees, and a sleigh filled with presents. There are reindeer resting near the sleighs.  (Local Guide Mauro Scardoni)Caption: A photo of Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi, Finland decorated with holiday lights, Christmas trees, and a sleigh filled with presents. There are reindeer resting near the sleighs. (Local Guide Mauro Scardoni)

What’s the best holiday photo you’ve taken lately? Share it in the comments below.

34 comments
Level 10

Re: 8 dazzling holiday photos taken by Local Guides

Hello @Christina-NYC

We can read that everyone's magnificent photographs are photographed carefully😃

I introduce is holiday photo of the fantasy chocolate factory located in Hokkaido Japan. Children's dreams are embodied🎅🏰

180124-171625_R.jpg180124-172225_R.jpg180124-172346_R.jpg

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Level 9

Amazing photos @Christina-NYC

Thank you for sharing with us.

Former Google Contributor

I love these @Christina-NYC! 🙂 

The photo from Paris is just so beautiful and I love that Finland made the list! 🙂 Pretty incredible decorations!

Happy holidays!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hey @Christina-NYC,

Thank you for collecting these lovely photos.

I've been dreaming to visit the Red SquareRockefeller Center and Santa Claus Village for quite a few years now and not necessarily during the winter.

However, a Christmas lover like me should definitely go and enjoy the holiday spirit. 

Merry Christmas @Christina-NYC!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @Christina-NYC and all my friends here in Connect!

This is a photo of my city Vicenza and the beautiful Basilica Palladiana of the famous architect Andrea Palladio :

Piazza dei Signori a Vicenza - photo @davidhynoPiazza dei Signori a Vicenza - photo @davidhyno

Happy holidays!

Bye,

David

Level 6

Excellent Photos @Christina-NYC

Level 2

good for your picture
Level 5

thanks @Christina-NYC nice selection