Christina-NYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

8 amazing photos taken by Local Guides around the world

Caption: A photo of the New York City skyline at night taken from the Brooklyn Bridge. (Local Guide Bruce Friedman)Caption: A photo of the New York City skyline at night taken from the Brooklyn Bridge. (Local Guide Bruce Friedman)

August 19 is World Photography Day! Founded in 2009 by Australian photographer Korske Ara, World Photography Day celebrates shots taken all over the world and the positive change that can come from taking photos and sharing them with others.

I’m continually inspired by Local Guides around the globe who share their passions and experiences through photography. On Connect and Google Maps, you help guide people on where to go next.

This World Photography Day, I want to celebrate the amazing photos Local Guides like you have taken! Here are some of my favorites.

India

Caption: A photo of the exterior of Mehrangarh Fort and view of Jodhpur in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. (Local Guide Pankej Khanna)Caption: A photo of the exterior of Mehrangarh Fort and view of Jodhpur in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. (Local Guide Pankej Khanna)

Japan

Caption: A photo of Higashiyama Jisho-ji in Osaka, Japan. (Local Guide Юлия Волкова)Caption: A photo of Higashiyama Jisho-ji in Osaka, Japan. (Local Guide Юлия Волкова)

Russia

Caption: A photo of a coffee and cakes on a plate with cream, strawberries, and jam at Brichmula in St. Petersburg. (Local Guide Albina Akhmetshina)Caption: A photo of a coffee and cakes on a plate with cream, strawberries, and jam at Brichmula in St. Petersburg. (Local Guide Albina Akhmetshina)

Indonesia

Caption: A photo of a leopard at Bali Safari and Marine Park in Bali, Indonesia. (Local Guide Nizami Yuzbegov)Caption: A photo of a leopard at Bali Safari and Marine Park in Bali, Indonesia. (Local Guide Nizami Yuzbegov)

Nigeria

Caption: A photo of the exterior of the Dutse Museum in Dutse, Nigeria. (Local Guide Ameen Umar)Caption: A photo of the exterior of the Dutse Museum in Dutse, Nigeria. (Local Guide Ameen Umar)

Brazil

Caption: A photo of a variety of flip flops in different colors hanging on a wall display in a Havaianas store in São Paulo, Brazil. (Local Guide Gabriel Borges)Caption: A photo of a variety of flip flops in different colors hanging on a wall display in a Havaianas store in São Paulo, Brazil. (Local Guide Gabriel Borges)

Mexico

Caption: A photo of the fountain and exterior of Palacio Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico. (Local Guide Carlos Borja)Caption: A photo of the fountain and exterior of Palacio Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico. (Local Guide Carlos Borja)

United States

Caption: A photo of hot air balloons above a lake with a mountain range in the distance. Medicine Bow-Routt National Forests, Steamboat Springs, Colorado. (Local Guide Julie Kim)Caption: A photo of hot air balloons above a lake with a mountain range in the distance. Medicine Bow-Routt National Forests, Steamboat Springs, Colorado. (Local Guide Julie Kim)

How can you help celebrate World Photography Day? We’d love to see your photos below in the comments and on Maps.

184 comments
Level 9

Re: 8 amazing photos taken by Local Guides around the world

Hi @Christina-NYC all of pictures are awesome and really amazing.  Thank for your informative post.

Level 8

There are some interesting things to photograph underwater too !  🙂  A coral reef off the coast of Naigani Island in Fiji.  21788746570_3f36c669ab_o (1).jpg

Level 10

Ohh what an amazing post @Christina-NYC. I love still photography. I can't resist myself to share my best viewed still photo on google map. Thanks for sharing this post. Auditorium of Colosseum show, PattayaAuditorium of Colosseum show, Pattaya

Level 10

Great photos! 🙂 Happy world photography day to everyone!! 🙂

If you want to see some nice places, just have a look to my recent contributions, follow the link in my signature 🙂

Level 9

Hi @Christina-NYC all of pictures are awesome and really amazing.  Thank for your informative post.

Level 10

hungrydogoutside.jpg

Level 10

Love to share with you my few photos  @Christina-NYC

Fort middle viewFort middle view17621957_1734390983241386_8048176142592518829_o.jpgStar  Hotel faludaStar Hotel faluda 

Balusa / chini danaIMG_3455.JPGIMG_5201.JPGRajaji Nagar, BengaluruRajaji Nagar, Bengaluru

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

@Christina-NYC Beautiful photos... I will share a few photos I took. I am reaching the 1000 photo limit in the Connect. @Christina-NYC,  Is it still valid in the new Connect?

&nnsp;

&nnsp;

Level 10

You selected some super beautiful photos @Christina-NYC for World Photography Day. Here are two of my personal favorites. Only the World Trade Center photo is on Google Maps. Thanks for this opportunity to show off our photos and keep up the good work. Regards, @Koby

@AnuradhaP @MahabubMunna  @PramodNanaware  @Safdarrai  @Nick-Hobgood @koushik_sarkar @LucioV

One World Trade Center - NYCOne World Trade Center - NYCHeading for home before dark - Florida KeysHeading for home before dark - Florida Keys