AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

7 beautiful food photos taken by Local Guides

Whether you’re commemorating a special day or having lunch with a new friend for the first time, many important memories are made over great meals. Food brings people together --- and the food photos you share on Google Maps help to encourage others to gather around the table.

To celebrate the amazing contributions you’re making on Google Maps, we’re highlighting a few of our favorite food photos taken by Local Guides.

These photos have a few important details in common.

They’re beautifully lit. The best food photos are taken in natural light without the use of flash or artificial overhead lights. Artificial lights can ruin the colors of your food and make even the most delicious meals look unappetizing.

They’re taken from interesting angles. Some dishes look better when captured from above while others look better from the side. For example, shooting a slice of cake from the side shows off its delicious layers. Sometimes, you have to try a few different angles before finding the one that’s just right.

They make us want to take a bite. In the photos below, the food is the focus and nothing else in the frame distracts us from that. Our favorite food photos make us wish we, too, could dig our forks into the dish!

Caption: A photo of a plate of French toast topped with mascarpone mousse, berries, and edible flowers at Darling Cafe in Melbourne, Australia. (Local Guide Naomi Fouquet)Caption: A photo of a plate of French toast topped with mascarpone mousse, berries, and edible flowers at Darling Cafe in Melbourne, Australia. (Local Guide Naomi Fouquet)

Caption: A photo of an Indian dish at Back to Basics in New Delhi, India. (Local Guide Prashant Singh)Caption: A photo of an Indian dish at Back to Basics in New Delhi, India. (Local Guide Prashant Singh)

Caption: A photo of a  bacon cheeseburger on a plate at Beach Burger in Sao Paolo, Brazil. (Local Guide Ricardo Takatu)Caption: A photo of a bacon cheeseburger on a plate at Beach Burger in Sao Paolo, Brazil. (Local Guide Ricardo Takatu)

Caption: A photo of a petit four paired with tea at zen kashoin in Osaka, Japan. (Local Guide 空乃優介)Caption: A photo of a petit four paired with tea at zen kashoin in Osaka, Japan. (Local Guide 空乃優介)

Caption: A photo of a falafel sandwich on a plate at Logma Dubai in Mall, Dubai. (Local Guide Courtney Brandt)Caption: A photo of a falafel sandwich on a plate at Logma Dubai in Mall, Dubai. (Local Guide Courtney Brandt)

Caption: A photo of seared tuna in a bowl at 土佐料理 司 高知本店 in Kochi, Japan. (Local Guide Yuki Takahashi)Caption: A photo of seared tuna in a bowl at 土佐料理 司 高知本店 in Kochi, Japan. (Local Guide Yuki Takahashi)

Caption: A photo of a  slice of carrot cake on a plate at Anchor Cafe & Roastery in Jakarta, Indonesia. (Local Guide Willyam Fleoriko Talim)Caption: A photo of a slice of carrot cake on a plate at Anchor Cafe & Roastery in Jakarta, Indonesia. (Local Guide Willyam Fleoriko Talim)

What’s the best food photo you’ve taken and shared on Google Maps? Link to it in the comments below.  

76 comments
Level 10

Re: 7 beautiful food photos taken by Local Guides

White Rice & Turkey with stewWhite Rice & Turkey with stew

This is one of my best food photos @AriMar, anytime you find yourself in Lagos, Nigeria let me know, i would show you the best place to enjoy the best african cuisines in Lagos 😉

Level 8

Wow! Great pics from around the world! It's making me hungry and I just ate! I've been trying to learn from @Christina-NYC and her suggestions for pics. but these are over the top. Here's my best most recent one though. Thanks Christina for the advice! 

Chicken Sandwich at Astoria Cafe and Restaurant, Cleveland, OhioChicken Sandwich at Astoria Cafe and Restaurant, Cleveland, Ohio

Level 8

The French touch : a delicious and fine foie gras on lovely slice of bread... Yummy!

Thanks @AriMar for this topic.

French toast with ham and foie grasFrench toast with ham and foie gras

New Caledonia Local Guides -------------------> Do you know the city I live?
If you want to translate this content into your own language, use the Google Translate drop-down menu just below the title of this post.

Connect Moderator

this pictures are so amazing and mouth watering @AriMar

thanks for sharing with us. I learn some few tips in this post.

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10
Level 10

It seem quite delicious. Thanks for sharing @AriMar

Connect Moderator

A0BA1548-489D-4DB5-BF7F-1A86B226A18C.jpeg

Small but very delicious Argentinien beef in Poland 🇵🇱. The picture is not so good compared with the others, but was very tasteful 😋

https://goo.gl/maps/3RYH4P1j4UH2

Somehow I always think that here should be more post about sport and diet. Due to the pictures I‘m already hungry, but 12 hours remain to lunch....

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 7

Are you ever try  this one♡☆♡Are you ever try this one♡☆♡

Level 5

Wow, these are incredible!

Level 9