travelwithme's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

7 Places To Visit In India

Spanning an area that could well be a continent, India’s boundaries hold in them a diverse repository of things to experience – the grand frozen Himalayas, ancient cities like Varanasi, tranquil backwaters, golden beaches and countless historic locations. Find out the top places to see in India.

1. Taj Mahal and Around

Not speaking of Taj as a top place to visit in India, would be heretical. Visit Agra for the Taj and other Mughal monuments and reserve some time for the neighbouring Fatehpur Sikri. This is one of the most popular circuits and a definite highlight of India.

Getting There: Easiest access to Agra is via New Delhi. A cab or train can get you there in 4 hours.

Best time to visit: October to February

Reasonable time to spend: 3 Days

Tips: Avoid weekends when visiting the Taj Mahal

1525342455651.jpg

2. Backwaters of Kerala

A truly unique and inimitable experience, cruising on the backwaters in Kerala on well-equipped houseboats is the cornerstone of the state’s tourism draws. Houseboats in Kerala are the major highlights to the state.

Getting There: Ernakulum and Trivandrum have International Airports for easy access.

Best time to visit: October to February in the cooler months

Reasonable time to spend: 1 week

Tips: The state is high on the list for international tourists and hotels and experiences get swiftly booked well ahead of the season.

1513317614_kerala-houseboats-alleppey-backwaters.jpg.jpg

3. Ladakh’s Cold Desert

Spectacular sights of cold desert topography, meandering silver tarmac looping around high altitude mountains, monasteries perched on hilltops and a unique local culture is what one can expect in Ladakh. This is one of the best summer destinations of India, and holds a near equal charm for winters as well.

Getting There: Arrive in New Delhi and fly to Leh. Overland journeys are also popular and recommended for acclimatization.

Best time to visit: Mid June to end September

Reasonable time to spend: 10 -12 Days

Tips: Be mindful of acclimation as one traverses heights as much as 18000 plus feet.

10.jpg

4. Ancient Enclaves of Varanasi

Presumably the oldest living city on earth, Varanasi has a definitive religious tenor. Hindus believe that getting cremated here helps in the smooth transition to life on the other side. Apart from exposure to this, Varanasi is a major hub for classical music and silk weaving. Its stepped ghats along the Ganga and life around are the main draw. This is one of the essential destinations in India, that one must visit.

Getting There: The Varanasi Airport is well connected to major cities across the world. The other access is via New Delhi or Lucknow.

Best time to visit: November to February in cooler months

Reasonable time to spend: 4 days

Tips: Varanasi can be overwhelming with its sights and sounds. It is a photographer’s dream come true.

ahilya-gha_5.jpg

5. Rajasthan’s Cultural Charm

With a profusion of blogs and brochures about Rajasthan, it is easy to build an image about its colourful festivals, grand heritage hotels and sandy mounds for camel safaris. In truth, Rajasthan is all this and more. It is one of the most popular destinations of India, and should be counted amongst essential experiences.

Getting There: Jaipur, the capital and Udaipur have International Airports.

Best time to visit: November to February in the cooler months

Tips: Book your hotels and experiences well in advance, as this is a top spot of the country.

rajasthan-budget-tour.jpg

6. Tribal Culture In the North East

From Meghalaya, Arunachal to Nagaland, the seven states of the northeast have a vibrant tribal culture. You can choose one of the states to explore. Nagaland, with the Hornbill festival as a veritable time, is a good option.

Getting There: Guwahati (Assam), Dimapur and Jorhat (Assam) are some important nodes to get into the state.

Best time to visit: 1-10th December, when the Hornbill Festival is on.

Tips: Be ready to see India that is not covered in the brochures. Expect long hours on the roads and decent infrastructure, but not high-end.

north-east-india-header-img.jpg

7. Wild Belly of India

Madhya Pradesh holds in it, the greatest wildlife treasures of India – a robust population of Royal Bengal Tigers. Visit national parks like Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Pench and Satpura to spot the striped cat and other wild species. Best wildlife parks dot this state, and offer a fabulous loop for travellers.

Getting There: Nagpur (Maharashtra) and Bhopal are the key air nodes to enter the wildlife regions of Madhya Pradesh.

Best time to visit: October to May (hotter months from March to May are best for sighting)

Tips: Book the safaris well ahead of time as entry is rationed

Royal Bengal Tiger, female elephant die in Dooars.jpg

credit:- skyscanner.co.in

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: 7 Places To Visit In India

I am quite surprised of your post @travelwithme

Why to post a content taken from internet, without giving any credit to the author?

We are Local Guides, "We’re original. We post our own words, photos, and videos that we’ve created just for Connect. If we do share something that someone else created, we’re sure to give proper credit." as clearly indicated on The 5 core values of Connect

So please, give the due credit to the author

Thank you for your attention

Ermes

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Nice post @travelwithme

Thanks for sharing.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Hello @travelwithme

Thank you so much for sharing update information. You're information will helps a lot, because i have a plan for Taj Mahal, Agra end of this year may be with in November. 

Level 8

Well done @travelwithme ! Please cite the author if this was not written by you.  

Connect Moderator
Solution

I am quite surprised of your post @travelwithme

Why to post a content taken from internet, without giving any credit to the author?

We are Local Guides, "We’re original. We post our own words, photos, and videos that we’ve created just for Connect. If we do share something that someone else created, we’re sure to give proper credit." as clearly indicated on The 5 core values of Connect

So please, give the due credit to the author

Thank you for your attention

Ermes

Level 6

thanks for the guidance.

I have made changes according to your comment.

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @travelwithme, in the future please remember to share content produced by you.

There is a special gratification in being the author of our content, written only for the community.

Thank you

Level 6

places to Visit In India

Thank your for sharing your experience and opinion..they will surely help me a lot because i am preparing to go in some of your mentioned above places.

Level 2

Thank you for sharing such great information. glad to watching such beautiful places of India but in that all i am missing Gujarat visiting places over there. i have personally take a tour of Gujarat and visit Saputara & Girmal waterfall. Here i collect list of gujarat traveling places which i think good to go for the travelers. (https://connectgujarat.com/off-beat-places-in-gujarat)