Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: 6 ways to eat durian for beginners

@TraciC LOL! So when's your turn to try out durian? 😄

Level 9

Thank you @npishak sharing about Durian fruit...

Level 8

One type of durian is availabe in frozen form.

And this is bring used to make lots of durian dishes including deserts, ice cream, etc.

In the last few years, durian moon cake starts to gain popularity in HK.

Try it next time if you have chance. 

Whenever your try durian, you will remember it well.  

Googler

@YK1001 Do you think I'd like durian? @iyudhi wants to torture me but I have an aversion to strong smells and flavours. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

The durian moon cake is just a small bite.  And the smell is concealed.

It will pass your smell test easily.

Once you bite, the smell, favour and texture will explode from there.

The durian pan cake is similar.  If you can, ask the shop to make it smaller for you in one bite size.

You will like it, @TraciC.

@iyudhi is really trying to introduce the best fruit ever to you.  It is being called the King of Fruits.

I am sure @KarenVChin knows where to source one and we can witness your very first taste of durian.  (May be with a live streaming also.)

Looking forward to it.

Connect Moderator

@YK1001 @TraciC I actually know a few dim sum places that sells durian pastries here in SF. Hmm this gives me an idea 🙂

I don't recommend buying the actual fruit here though. One of my friends bought 2 years back, it was $20 a piece, and one one them wasn't ripe yet. A total waste of money. 

Level 8

It is always joyful to witness an idea to become real.

We LGs can depend on you, @iyudhi.

Connect Moderator

Durian here is frozen in its shell @YK1001.

@TraciC - warning, durian is an acquired taste to be PC. LOL  Fresh durian has a interesting slimy texture and smells like old, stinky gym socks or vomit.

In Thailand, there are signs in hotel rooms stating not to put fresh durian in your room’s mini fridge.

Am I scaring you yet?! LOL Personally, I don’t like the taste or texture. And you know how much I LOVE fruit!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

This is how the frozen durian meat are prepared in Malaysia before export.

Captions in Chinese.

Googler

I am thoroughly scared but happy to do anything with or for my fellow Local Guides, @KarenVChin@YK1001, and @iyudhi!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.