Wazobians's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

6 Tips to Enjoying Your Phone on a Road Trip

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-15 at 8.39.20 AM.jpeg

I am not a fan of road transportation as a result of the bad state of our roads. Yet, I recently travelled from Lagos to Benin City by road. I surprisingly enjoyed the 4 hours plus journey even though I initially dreaded not flying.

What changed?

No, the roads didn't magically become superb. 

My phones helped!

I was able to work on replies to emails. I unburdened my mind of certain ideas that have been playing on my mind by putting them all on my Evernotes. I played music. I laughed to a few short comedy videos. I slept. Then I woke up again to enjoy my phones. We arrived Benin City with me still feeling pschologically fresh.

The following tips will help you to enjoy your next road trip with your phone.

1. Plan Ahead.

I only began to plan my road trip a day before. As a reult of that, I was not able to get a good travelling bag. So, my laptop bag was pretty overloaded with stuffs I did not even use in Benin. Of course, I got a massage in Lagos a day before. I needed that because I was already feeling sore and stressed. And obviously, I didn't want to travel with all those pains and aches.

2. Charge Your Phones the night before

You don't want to travel with a 27% battery phone. 100% does it. Otherwise, boredom will keep you company throughout the road trip. Therefore, you need to charge your batteries the night before. If you do this, you won't have to look for another passenger who has a power bank. It also pays to take a charged power bank along. But I am not a fan of power banks. I do not and may never have one.

3. Have more than 2 internet source

If you are an Instagram, Facebook and YouTube freak, you are going to need more than 1 internet source. As you know, internet can be very elusive on the express. Having different sources will help you to be able to do a few internet related stuff without incessant interuptions. Personally, my most important app is my WhatsApp because most of my business enquiries happen there.

4. Do not need internet

The best way to not need internet on a road trip is to plan way ahead of time. This means that you get and install a new memory card on your phone. Then you have to go ahead to download all the fun stuffs you can onto the memory card. Music, comedy, movies, memes, and so on. In that way, you won't depend on the internet for your fun during the road trip.

5. Earpiece is a life saver

There are various very important reasons you should have more than one earpiece with you on a road trip. The most important however is for empathy sake. Remember that "One man's meat is another man's poison". The other passengers may not like the things you like and may become irritated. A four hour (and sometimes more) journey is too long to get people irritated. An earpiece will make you a responsible traveller. Moreover, it's difficult to hear your usual phone volume when in a vehicle that is on top speed.

6. Sleep music

I slept various times during my journey to Benin City. Your favorite sleep music comes in handy when your eyes become heavy during a road trip.

With these tips, I believe you will definitely survive and enjoy your next road trip anywhere.

Lagos, Nigeria