DavidTito's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

6 AWESOME PROGRAMS TACKLING OCEAN PLASTICS

Related image

Hello and Welcome To The Global Local Guides Clean The World Programme, As my part in this Global Activity has been My map Editor and I have been sitting through all your great experiences. In Perth, it has been hard to get Local Guides motivated as I am So I pretty much work alone, during this time I spend lots of time doing research and ways to develop my skills in most fields on Google platforms, But today I would like to share something most relative  and initiative to our program, whilst searching  on web I found an organisation who are doing something similar to us so I have followed up on there Overview and taken upon myself to join them  From September 09, 2018 1:00 pm until September 09, 2018 3:00 pm at Point Walter Reserve And there link page Here The title of this Meet up is called:

Kathmandu Perth Clean-up - WA

So I will be creating a post in Parrel with them and will intergrade @ErmesT General-Discussion/LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld-Step-1-Education

Below I would like to share their INITIATIVE Concepts 

1. Australian Marine Debris Initiative

2.Sea Bin Australia

3. Ocean Clean Up system

There more additional information found here http://www.oceanwatch.org.au/latest-news/blog/5-awesome-programs-tackling-ocean-plastics/

@br14n @BishowvijayaP @KarenVChin @HelloSamsonR @ShafiulB  

15 comments
Level 10

Re: 6 AWESOME PROGRAMS TACKLING OCEAN PLASTICS

Hi @DavidTito

Very good activity of "PROGRAMS TACKLING OCEAN PLASTICS" and efforts put together by all of you. 👍👍👍

All the Best.

Vijay Desai

Level 8

Thank you @VijayDesai and I appreciate your comment  

@VijayDesai wrote:

Hi @DavidTito

Very good activity of "PROGRAMS TACKLING OCEAN PLASTICS" and efforts put together by all of you. 👍👍👍

All the Best.

Vijay Desai

Level 8

Hi dear @DavidTito thanks for share with us.

Level 8

"Australian Marine Debris Initiative Resources" 

communities and organizations that contribute data from rubbish collected during beach and river clean-up events to the AMDI Database, and then work on solutions to stop the flow of litter at the source. This means that not only are just picking up the never-ending flow of rubbish the AMDI helps communities look after their coastal environment by providing resources and support programs, and collaborates with industry and government to create change on a large scale.

Datasheet 

@br14n @BishowvijayaP @KarenVChin @HelloSamsonR @ShafiulB  Whats your opinion?

Connect Moderator

Thank you @DavidTito for this excellent post.

The video are beautiful, and I love the Water Wheel concept.

It is great that you are having a meet-up with them, to share experience.

The data collection is very interesting, in giving a feedback about the level of plastic pollution of the area.

Tagging @Justine2807@Briggs@PaulPavlinovich@MariaNgo for showing this important initiative (important for Australia, and for the whole planet)

Caption: Sile River - Watermill in TrevisoCaption: Sile River - Watermill in Treviso

Level 8

Hi @DavidTito great post. Talking about Oceans, my heart breaks when I see the recent news of The Mother Whale carrying her dead baby around in the sea, last time I looked, it had been 16 days. The protective nature of this killer whale, is amazing. I read that there are not many of these whales left in the world due to a lack of fish, salmon for the whales to feed on. So sad. Living on an Island myself, I hope the world will take better care of it's Oceans. I went to to a nearby beach last week and some seals popped up to say hello, luckily there were plenty of fish for them

Connect Moderator

Thanks to @ErmesT to start this conversation  here on Connect it's interesting to see how each of our countries tackles the recycling and cleaning up of plastic and other man-made debris @DavidTito.

Interesting collection of Aussie videos to learn and watch!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Thank you so much for giving us one stop news in this post @DavidTito, Though not having oceans, I am very serious about using our rivers as drainage to through garbage in oceans. So I am involving in river cleaning champions over here. 🙂

Level 8

@ErmesT Yes, Thank you, one of the things that got my attention was the data entry looks like they're using a  Telzon Scanner to record to wast and I guess the software does the alga rhythm to nature of the volume = the source 

@ErmesT wrote:

Thank you @DavidTito for this excellent post.

The video are beautiful, and I love the Water Wheel concept.

It is great that you are having a meet-up with them, to share experience.

The data collection is very interesting, in giving a feedback about the level of plastic pollution of the area.

Tagging @Justine2807@Briggs@PaulPavlinovich@MariaNgo for showing this important initiative (important for Australia, and for the whole planet)

Caption: Sile River - Watermill in TrevisoCaption: Sile River - Watermill in Treviso