TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

53 Volcanoes in Auckland, New Zealand

Did you know that Auckland, the largest city in New Zealand, has 53 volcanoes? Luckily they are all dorment. The most prominent volcano is Rangitoto Island, which is in the Hauraki Gulf. Ferries travel to Rangitoto from Auckland city often. Walking up to the summit of Rangitoto is fairly easy, and when you get to the top, the views are magnificent. 

See Google Maps here https://goo.gl/maps/FknKnBUFDnk and video here https://youtu.be/KqdARiejJLU

Rangitoto IslandRangitoto Island

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Rangitoto Island, Auckland, New Zealand
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: 53 Volcanoes in Auckland, New Zealand

@TheEagleEye this is so beautiful! I can't wait to visit New Zealand some day! The nature is just magical. What do you miss most from New Zealand? I would love to have this warm weather all year round. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @DanniS, of course I miss family members and friends, but I miss the beaches and ocean, and the remote areas too. It doesn't take long to long to get away from a city to remoteness, or to a beach.

It does get cold in the winter so not warm like some parts of Australia all year round.

Yes New Zealanders are lucky to have a beautiful country and a small population.

Did you know that more people live in Auckland City than there is in the entire South Island?

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.

Oh I did not know that @TheEagleEye! I definitely agree on the beaches, each summer I spend all my days near the beach and sun, it just gives so much positive energy and vibes. Winter in Europe is the hardest 🙂

I'd love to visit, especially the Bilbo Baggins House, I remember reading back in the days that the Lord of the Rings was shot there, how amazing! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@DanniS I'm enjoying my first full winter in Czech Republic. I've climatised quite well after living in Middle East for 11 years.

I hope you get to NZ some day and see Hpbbiton and so much more.

Thanks a lot @TheEagleEye! Enjoy Europe and looking forward to read more from your travel experiences! 🙂