AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

5 ways to treat yourself during National Relaxation Day

Caption: A photo of an open book, a white teapot, and a white coffee cup on a wooden tray next to a spoon on a table. (Getty Images)Caption: A photo of an open book, a white teapot, and a white coffee cup on a wooden tray next to a spoon on a table. (Getty Images)

August 15 is National Relaxation Day in the U.S., but we know everyone could use an excuse to unwind. No matter how busy you are, it’s important to take time for yourself to decompress and reflect. We hope you celebrate no matter where you are.

Below are a few fun ways you can treat yourself today.

1. Have a delicious meal at a new restaurant. Skip the cooking and dishwashing today. Instead, try out a restaurant you’ve never been to before. Not sure where to go? Some cities now have foodie lists in the Explore tab of the Google Maps app that can help you decide. These lists are curated by our editors and Local Guides like you.

Caption: A photo of a noodle dish served on a blue plate at White Elephant Thai Cuisine in Calgary, Canada. (Local Guide Lena Han)Caption: A photo of a noodle dish served on a blue plate at White Elephant Thai Cuisine in Calgary, Canada. (Local Guide Lena Han)2. Dive into a great book. Is there anything better than curling up on the couch with a novel? Take some time today to catch up on your reading and get lost in someone else’s story.  

3. Get a warm beverage---and take time to really enjoy it. You might have coffee or tea every day, but when was the last time you got the chance to sit and appreciate every sip? Today, take a moment to savor your drink.

Caption: A photo of a coffee drink in a glass cup with a heart shaped design made in foam on a saucer next to a cookie. (Local Guide Daniel Ngo)Caption: A photo of a coffee drink in a glass cup with a heart shaped design made in foam on a saucer next to a cookie. (Local Guide Daniel Ngo)

4. Go to a yoga class or practice by yourself. For many, yoga isn’t just a strengthening exercise. It also helps to relieve stress. Today, practice your poses and put your mind at ease. Need more inspiration? Check out this interactive list of beautiful outdoor yoga spots on Google Earth Voyager.

Caption: A photo of a person dressed in rain gear looking at a storefront. (Local Guide Marek Rygielski)Caption: A photo of a person dressed in rain gear looking at a storefront. (Local Guide Marek Rygielski)5. Explore your neighborhood. Get some fresh air and rediscover your local area. Pop into a business to learn more about the owner’s story. Create a list of all the great places you go to. Practice your photography skills as you start to notice the beauty of everyday places. Whatever you decide to do, we bet you’ll learn something new.

What’s your favorite way to relax? How about your favorite place to go? Tell us in the comments below!

17 comments
Level 8

Re: 5 ways to treat yourself during National Relaxation Day

Thanks @AriMar, for sharing the tips and ways to relax.

Regards, 

Jafar pasha

Level 9

very nice ways 

@ very nice photos @AriMar

thanks for sharing

Level 10

@AriMar thanks for letting us know about this day. 

Another great way of relaxing is just laying on the sofa and watching a good movie or a nice series 🙂

Or... just reading a few posts in Connect!

I can also think of laying on the grass in the Palermo Woods of Buenos Aires city. There are also lakes with ducks and it's nice to spend a relaxing day.

Best wishes

Valeria

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 9

Hi @AriMar thank you for your helpful post.  I really like to go on weekends  for different Restaurants alongside my small town Brits for food in Hartbeespoort Dam.

Hartbeespoort Dam is a very beautiful place just next to my town.  There are few Market,  Restaurants and Spa too. But when I want to  relax or if I want to take rest truly I  stay at home. 

Level 9

Great tips @AriMar. Thanks for sharing.

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 10

15th August is the Indian independence day. So we Indian relax today in our own way after a long fight @AriMar

Level 7

thank you @AriMar very much for sharing this nice post. really it's very helpful 

firoz hossain
Level 2

The best place ion m,y opinion in Cornwall Ont. to relax and unwind is our beautiful, peaceful waterfront park on the edge of town, overlooking the U.S. across the water.

Level 10

Thanks for all the tips @AriMar  I favor your tip #3 for relaxing. I like to get a nicely patterned latte in my favorite café at the local mall and then just relax and watch the world go by. The barista where I go can fashion some very clever latte designs.  Here's a photo of the latte I had today while at the mall.  By the way, all your photos were excellent. Keep up the good work.  Regards @Koby

@ShayLynia @Firoz-BDLG @koushik_sarkar @Kamalhasnainee @OSAMA

Nicely patterned latte - Aroma Expresso Bar - kudos to barista AdamNicely patterned latte - Aroma Expresso Bar - kudos to barista Adam