LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: 5 tips to improve quality of your video contributions to Google Maps

Gracias por compartir tu profesionalidad con este aporte @LucioV, ayudará a muchos a mejorar sus vídeos 

saludos Farid.

Level 7

@LucioV

Thank you for sharing these useful tips and for advice on panning shots.

You have a very steady hand and I would have difficulty doing something similar without a tripod.

Some of the clips I have uploaded to give the "feel" of a particular place were taken with a video camera instead of a smartphone and so weren't GPS coded.

Unfortunately Google Maps doesn't make it easy for us to share links to particular resources that we have uploaded.

This is the closest I have gotten to a URL and I don't know if it will work but here goes :

Friends of Horsenden Hill Apple Day Festival

■ "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?" ■ "Who watches the watchers ?" ■ the satirical poet, Juvenal ■ 1st century Rome ■
Level 10

Yes, it works @aka_Rὁn. In effect you can share a video with the url using the same technique you can use for a photo, but we cannot embed as like with videos from youtube.

A useful tool I'm using when I add videos I shoot with iphone is https://cloudconvert.com/ : I upload any kind of video on Google Drive, then using this tool I trim it and convert to mp4, that's the preferred upload format for Google Maps video, and then I download the video from Drive to the smartphone and finally I upload it to Maps.

A lot of work for a good video, but I think worth the time spent!

Level 10

Today was a prolific day, I've added around a dozen of well tailored videos to maps.

Required some downscaling from 4K to 720p for better fitting in the Maps needs, and some trimming in time.

Check out in my contributions, the link is in my signature 😉

Level 8

Thanks for the tips @LucioV , this is really enlightening for me. Especially the part where you recommended a good music to be added to a video, that is really insightful.

Thanks once again

Level 10

Thanks @AguerO! Yes, if you look at my contributes, you could note that sometimes I use the business own aired music (and staying under 20 seconds) help in copyright issues, and sometimes I add my own CC music to my videos 😉

Level 9

Congratulations @LucioV on your 600th post 🙂

Thank you for sharing these tips with us 🙂

Connect Moderator

That's a crazy amount of posts @LucioV!! Well done.. I hope to one day get to my 50th.. Lol!

Well done on you and keep doing it because your posts are very much appreciated! 

By the way, have you ever thought of doing a massive summary post of all 600th? Like a mini infographic detailing how many posts are about "How tos", how many are related to this or that? It will certainly take a while to go through your list and categorise and summarise them!

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 10

Ehhheheh Thanks @AdrianLunsong I've done something like that in my post for November introduction, have a look!!