kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

5 lists we love of vegetarian restaurants

Caption: A photo of a vegetarian quinoa bowl topped with avocado, fake meat, tortilla strips, and tomatoes drizzled with a white crema sauce alongside a piece of avocado toast and two soft drinks in plastic cups from by CHLOE in New York City. (Local Guide Marco Togni)Caption: A photo of a vegetarian quinoa bowl topped with avocado, fake meat, tortilla strips, and tomatoes drizzled with a white crema sauce alongside a piece of avocado toast and two soft drinks in plastic cups from by CHLOE in New York City. (Local Guide Marco Togni)At most restaurants, it’s possible to cobble together a vegetarian meal, but whether it’ll consist of a salad and perhaps a side dish is another question entirely. Luckily, vegetarian Local Guides are on the case. They’re making lists on Google Maps of restaurants in cities across the world to guide fellow vegetarians to great restaurants to go.

Here are a few of our favorites. Did your favorite spot make the list?

1. Vegetarian in NYC

Local Guide Melina Michelen collected 25 top-rated vegan and vegetarian restaurants in New York City across many different types of cuisine.

2. Vegetarian-friendly restaurants: Iceland

While touring Iceland, Local Guide Emily Goodin didn’t have very high hopes for finding good vegetarian cuisine, but she was pleasantly surprised and made this list of her favorite spots.

3. Best Vegetarian Restaurants in Barcelona

Local Guide Diego Barrera prefers these six restaurants in Barcelona for their vegetarian and flexitarian menus that are also wallet-friendly.

4. Bengaluru Vegetarian Restaurants

This robust list by Local Guide J kishore kumar rounds up Bengaluru’s 100 percent vegetarian restaurants.

5. Vegetarian Food in London

Local Guide, chef, and food blogger Andreia Machado’s list includes helpful tips and her favorite dishes to order at each spot.

Know the best eateries for vegetarian food in your city? Help others by making your own list of your favorite spots and make sure to note why you chose each spot. And when you do, make your list public and share it in the comments below, it may be featured here on Connect or in the Explore tab in Google Maps.

24 comments
Level 10

Re: 5 lists we love of vegetarian restaurants

@kmajewski Thanks for sharing this. Here is a very good list of popular and highly sought after vegetarian food shops and restaurants in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, which has options for local, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, fusion, contemporary vegetarian fare and more.

Must-try vegetarian food in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (below)

https://goo.gl/maps/TwZZLdo7nBq

@Haseeb@EugeneWong@Shirni@Cweng@OmerAli@PavelSarwar , let's get some vegetarian.

The below is one of the featured places in the list: Dharma Realm Guan Yin Sagely Monastery canteen. Imagine eating in a Chinese Monastery canteen eating food served to Buddhist monks. It is such a great experience to be able to visit the monastery and at the same time partake of the monastery food. Prices are minimal with a large variety of condiments, the objective is to serve visitors good vegetarian food and not for profit. Free flow of Chinese tea and soup is provided with every meal.

Image Credit: The Malay Mail

Image result for Dharma Realm Guan Yin Sagely Monastery food

Level 9

Yay! Thanks for calling out vegetarian lists! 

Here's are my Bangkok faves, they are vegan but truly even carnivores will be happy with any of them (I know this because I drag my omnivore family along to them):

https://www.google.com/maps/placelists/list/1SBnaEvxkQWc5BNxqjKRHe4gLxTE?hl=en

Level 9

thanks for sharing this yummy vegetarian list  @kmajewski 🙂

Level 9

Hi there @kmajewski

I've made a list a few months ago of mainly Vegan but also a few Vegetarian Restaurants in Lisboa, Portugal, it's here Lisboa is Vegan!

I hope it helps all the vegan and vegetarians visiting Lisboa and I hope you like it. 🙂

Regards

Gonçalo Maggessi

Gonçalo Maggessi | Local Guide Level 9 | ​Certified ​Pro ​Viz Trio​ ​​Operator | Local Guide from Lisboa, Portugal
Connect Moderator

wow @StephenAbraham

Food, glorious food

Level 9

@GoncaloMaggessi I love you Lisbon list! It makes me want to visit even more. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing this great post! @kmajewski 

I will make my shared list and post here very soon. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Hello @kmajewski

Thank you for sharing vegetarian restaurants. Vegetarian foods is a healthy options.

Level 8

Very useful list! Thanks for sharing.