kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

5 lists we love from Tokyo

Caption: A photo of a sake brewery called 泉橋酒造 in Japan showing many bottles of sake lined up on shelves, in a refrigerator, and along a counter. (Local Guide Ao Fukuhara)Caption: A photo of a sake brewery called 泉橋酒造 in Japan showing many bottles of sake lined up on shelves, in a refrigerator, and along a counter. (Local Guide Ao Fukuhara)

From shopping in Harajuku for an exciting new look to dedicating a day to eating only “kawaii” food, there’s no shortage of unique things to do in Tokyo. (You can even be a samurai for a day!) As one of the largest cities in the world, it can be challenging to sort through all of the options. Luckily, Local Guides in Tokyo make it easier by sharing their knowledge on Google Maps.

One way they’re helping others discover amazing local spots is by making great lists. Here are five lists from Local Guides in Tokyo that we love.

1. Recommended lunch on weekdays around Kawasaki station: Near Kawasaki station around lunchtime? Local Guide Hiroyoshi Imaoka knows where you should go.
  2. Climbing Wall: Local Guide _v mako has put together a comprehensive list of climbing walls around Tokyo that are good for climbers of all types from young children to experienced adults.
  3. Shops where you can buy delicious sake (Tokyo): Local Guide 青木秀二郎 recommends these spots for buying great sake that might be hard to get elsewhere.
  4. Tokyo’s Best Curry Restaurants: In the mood for Japanese curry? Check out Local Guide Danny Young’s list of his favorite restaurants that serve it.
  5. Delicious coffee shops around Omotesandō: Omotesandō is, as Local Guide Shingo OKAMOTO explains, “a fierce battlefield” when it comes to coffee shops. Follow this list for Shingo’s best of the best.

Have you made a list of the best coffee shops in your city? Link to it below and we might feature it on social or here on Connect! And, if you find yourself in Tokyo anytime soon, follow these photography tips for capturing the best shots.

15 comments
Level 8

Re: 5 lists we love from Tokyo

Wow @kmajewski

Thank you.

I am loving it.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Great!!!

Thanks for sharing @kmajewski

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

thank you so much @kmajewski , now we have a great lists to consider when visiting Tokyo 🙂

Level 10

I love Japan from my childhood. Please belive me. I belive that one day I will be at Japan. I will remember you @kmajewski. Thank you for sharing this topic.

Level 8

I hope to travel to Japan next year so thank you very much for this list and all the information shared!

New Caledonia Local Guides -------------------> Do you know the city I live?
If you want to translate this content into your own language, use the Google Translate drop-down menu just below the title of this post.

Level 8

Wow Nice listing and selection 

@kmajewski thanks  for sharing 

kaliroalex
Level 10

Thanks for providing us the list @kmajewski. This will be helpful to set up the travel plan to Tokyo. 😃

Level 8

Level 8

Many thanks for the nice information for Tokyo i wish some day visit the Great city Tokyo to see 5 lists we love from Tokyo ....

MaxMaz08