kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

5 lists for coffee lovers

October 1 is International Coffee Day, but we’re so passionate about coffee that we’re celebrating all week long. Follow us on social media and Connect to get your caffeine fix.

Caption: A photo of a latte topped with a design of hearts made with steamed milk in a turquoise cup with matching saucer on a marble table at 49th Parallel Café & Lucky's Doughnuts in Vancouver, Canada. (Local Guide E_____ C_____)Caption: A photo of a latte topped with a design of hearts made with steamed milk in a turquoise cup with matching saucer on a marble table at 49th Parallel Café & Lucky's Doughnuts in Vancouver, Canada. (Local Guide E_____ C_____)

When I joined the Local Guides team last year, one of the first things I noticed was how much this community loves coffee. In practically every city on the map there are seemingly endless reviews of coffee shops from Local Guides, and here on Connect there are tons of recommendations, photos, and discussions for the caffeine obsessed. My kind of people!

All week long we’ll be celebrating this tasty beverage in all its forms leading up to International Coffee Day on Monday, October 1. And to start, here are five fantastic lists of coffee shops around the world made by your fellow Local Guides.

Best Coffee in Vancouver: Local Guide Hannah De Jong is a true coffee connoisseur. Her Vancouver picks come with lengthy notes on why she likes each spot and what she orders.

Good Seattle Coffee: As the United States’ coffee capital, it’s not surprising that there are plenty of great spots to check out. Local Guide EJ Vincent recommends these nine; find out why in the list’s notes.

Best Coffee Places in Islamabad : Local Guide Aiman Saeed has found 16 coffee shops in his city that serve up better-than-average brews. Check out his recommended order at each in the list notes.

Best Coffee Shops of Berlin: Focusing on third-wave coffee shops, Local Guide Alex Emexezidis says the spots on this list all have comfortable environments, reading material, good service, and, of course, high-quality coffee.

Cape Town Great Coffee Roasters: Local Guide Tony Mamacos loves these eights shops in Cape Town and its southern suburbs. Find out why in the list notes.

Have you ever made a list of your favorite coffee shops? Link to it in the comments below and we may feature it!

17 comments
Level 10

Re: 5 lists for coffee lovers

@kmajewski thanks for sharing these amazing lists with us. I feel like having a cup of coffee now!

Here's a list I made with coffee venues in my city. It's always good to know where to go when you need some caffeine 🙂

@HiroyukiTakisawa you are a great coffee lover, maybe you'll enjoy some of these lists, or even share your own!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing @ValeriaA_

And it's an awesome list! Thank you for this wonderful post  @kmajewski !!

In my memory, the International Coffee Day is October 1st. And the result of Google search is also saying so. Did I mistake something? Which is the correct?

Anyways, let's celebrate the International Coffee Day together!

I'll post my favorite cafes later! Stay tuned 🙂

In fact, I also have prepared a draft article for the International Coffee Day! lol

I also edited a bit this post. Changed the text color:-)

Former Google Contributor

Good catch, @HiroyukiTakisawa! I guess I could use another cup of coffee! 😂 We've updated the post. 

Connect Moderator

Hi, @kmajewski

Of course, I have made some lists! This time, I also introduce 5 cafes in my region from a list!

And please check this recap out as well. You guys may find a favorite cafe:-)

六月の鹿(June Deer)

One of my best cafes. Temperature, taste depth, smell, and clean acidity. The balance is awesome.

time&space愛宕下(time&space Atagoshit a)

You can enjoy a tasty deep coffee with traditional Japanese landscape.

機屋(Hataya)

One of the most famous cafes in Morioka. This shop's coffee is made by the professional technique with handmade nell filter.

きっさ音(Kissa Oto)

This shop is a tiny and pretty cafe. If you are lucky, you may be able to hear the music of staff's play.

AERON COFFEE&BEER STAND

This shop is a bit noisy but the menus are unique.

Happy International Coffee Day!!!

Level 9

Lovable post for coffee lovers loved it thank you @kmajewski sharing with us...

Level 6

For me, I love this kind of coffee: ice + sugar syrup + coconut. blend it all until smooth, then add phin coffee on top (vietnamese phin cafe). Enjoy ~~~

p/s: i love this kind of sweet coffee. in VN, especially Ha Noi, they're famous at egg coffee, but i'm not a fan of it.

Level 9

Hello @kmajewski

Thank you for sharing this 5 list for coffee lovers. I love coffee a lot, especially coffee latte. 

Level 8

Usually I prefer to drink tea, not coffee. But I like cappuccino, and sometimes I want to have a cup. Google celebrates its birthday on September 27th. 20 years is a beautiful number. Oh, where are my 20 years old? ))0_155ad3_56996bb4_XL

So I decided to congratulate Google with a cup of coffee from Leiden. Catwalk Koffie & Lunch.

Level 8

Thanks for the wonderful list @kmajewski 

Here's a list of places to have good coffee in Kathmandu Valley, Nepal.

https://goo.gl/maps/Vrn5Q8SVuDr  

Among them Chiya Paan is my favorite one where you can get more than 100 varieties of Tea, Coffee. 

Namaste, 

Niraj