Kol-Colleen_2018's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

4th City area being consistently cleaned

How often do you pass an area where you think the place has litter everywhere and looks a mess?

Some places just encourage others to leave their litter around through looking 'tatty' with dirt stained pavements, which isn't healthy for everyone going by.

At Victoria Coach Station's surrounding areas, there's street cleaners who are busy ckeaning the streets regularly and it shows!!

https://goo.gl/maps/PvGgmZ5duyE2

I hear chatter clutter 

Litter, lack of 

CLEAR thoughts.

Plenty of unused matter.

Everything to natter.

Nothing to re-cycle

Into one thought.

#APoemADay

#cleanercity

#natureinthecity

I used my phone's photo editor to create this artistic impression of a photo I took of a bus stop nr Victoria Coach Station, LondonI used my phone's photo editor to create this artistic impression of a photo I took of a bus stop nr Victoria Coach Station, London

Victoria Coach Station, London, UK
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: 4th City area being consistently cleaned

It is good to have clean streets @Kol-Colleen_2018 perhaps if more people took their litter to the bin or home with them the world would be a better place with less plastic floating in our oceans. Make sure you check out the Clean The World Meetups by my fellow volunteer Moderator @ErmesT and perhaps you'd like to join in?

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Kol-Colleen_2018,

Thanks for your post, I really appreciate it. These kind of initiatives are touching my heart. Did you think about to clean it together with the people who live there?

Did you know that you can organise a meet-up yourself on our website? Once your meet-up is approved, it will automatically appear as a post in the Meet-ups topic section for other Local Guides to participate. To learn more, check this How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up article.

Hope you find this information useful.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Kol-Colleen_2018,

I have been to London a couple of weeks ago, and I was impressed positively about the overall cleaning of the main central zone of the city. 

As per @PaulPavlinovich comment I agree that keep our cities and roads clean is something more related to our lifestyle and culture. In our daily routine, we can keep our world cleaner by recycling or pushing our cities to add more bins across the places where we live. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Excellent idea @Sorbe I'll add 'more bins' to my lookouts when I look for my 5th, 6th, 7th etc area of London that looks good overall.

Yes the city looks a lot better now than say 3 months ago which I am really pleased about. 

It's a Caribbean/American viewpoint for places to look as if they have been just cleaned. So I can't go to places which look tatty overall.

Yeah! Excellent idea about seeing that there's more bins around!!

Level 9

Yes the info is very useful @Petra_M

I did think about Meet Ups but just to walk in a park or common and for others to take photos of nature. 

However yes the additional idea of cleaning up the city wherever we have the Meet Ups is a very good idea thanks!!

Level 9

Toda @PaulPavlinovich

I just saw this reply but I still want to do a local Meet Up to clean my local area and yes I'll join @ermest Clean the World Meetups.

Thanks!!

Kol

Connect Moderator

Awesome @Kol-Colleen_2018 it's a good cause.

Level 8

Very cool cartoon-like rendition of the "Street Cleaner" by @Kol-Colleen_2018

The short verse is not too shabby either 🦋

Level 9

Many thanks @VBenedict

I like creating an artistic impression of photos!! Thanks for the comment on my short verse! Been writing since my teenage years!

Kol