DeniGu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Re: 4 places to enjoy seafood in Sofia

Mmm, tuna rolls! Thanks for the great photo, @KatyaL!

I also love salmon the most, whether it's raw, baked, or steamed.

Do you have a favourite recipe for salmon with spinach and mashed potatoes? Might try it over the weekend. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hey @DeniGu,

Usually I take salmon fillets and bake them in the oven. The potatoes оr spinach I'm preparing separately as a garnish. There is no special recipe that I'm using. I mix the spinach with some cream and saute it a bit in a pan  and for the potatoes - either I bake them in the oven with some savory or I boil them and make puree.

How about you? Do you have a favourite recipe with salmon fish? I would be happy to try it out 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Google Moderator

Sounds delicious, @KatyaL!

When it comes to salmon, I enjoy it raw. I buy some really fresh fillet, and cut it in thin slices. Then I dip each slice in soy sauce, and have some steamed white rice with it. 🙂

Another way in which I really love to cook salmon is by leaving it for a bit in a mix of olive oil, mustard, freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt, and rosemary. Then you just bake the fillet in a frying pan, and have your favourite garnish on the side! 

I think I'll use your idea for a dinner party!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @DeniGu

Wow that looks scrumptious! Lovely review. 

Thank you so much for sharing 🙂 

Google Moderator

Hey @Ambreen,

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

Do you like fish and seafood yourself? Have any favourite recipes? 🙂

Level 8

Hi @DeniGu

Thank you dear , yes i do enjoy eating sea food, mostly prawns. I think my mom makes really delicious sea food i love her cooking and she has taught me some really good dishes. I enjoy both Indian and International cuisines but in India there are too many recipes. We mostly use a particular fruit in our cooking style for sea food - which is Garcinia indica (commonly known as Kokum) and along with that we use fresh coconut milk or fresh coconut paste, curry leaves, fresh garlic and mixture of different Indian spices and herbs really taste delicious. 🙂

Google Moderator

Homemade cooking is definitely the best, @Ambreen!

Thank you for this glimpse into your traditional way of preparing seafood. I love how the same dish can be cooked so differently!

I'll be on the lookout for more tasty posts from you as well. 🙂

Level 8

Hi @DeniGu , 

That's lovely thank you for being you, always amazing and kind 🙂  i will definitely share my foodhist discoveries soon. Have a great day!

Level 8

#DeniGu

All of these amazing sea foods look sooo delicious , are they very costly ? Are these foods only can be found on sea areas ? I would love to taste the Old House dish , looks yummm.#SeaFood

Google Moderator

Hi @Bokor_Rahman,

Thank you for your nice comment!

The dishes were all around 5-8 dollars, except for the sushi set, which was about 30 dollars. It's a normal price for seafood meals here in Sofia, even though I would agree they are a bit costly. The city is far from the seaside, so I think this is another reason for it. 🙂

Thankfully, seafood can be found in many areas which are not close to the sea! Otherwise, I would've been quite sad, hehe.

Are there many seafood restaurants in your city? Do you have a favourite dish?

By the way, don't forget to add the @ mark in front of my name next time, so that I can see your comment and respond quicker.