Ddimitra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

4 Easy Steps to Contribute

All of local guides probably already aware this, that Google Maps users are not just a Traveller, backpacker or a business man. There all kinds of users, with their needs. We are not just help specific people. Even the local guide is a unique person with his/her interests and needs. This is why you should post photos and review places according to you. Yes! You!

Contribute could be very easy, even when you are busy. Here are 4 easy steps to have endless contribution in Google Map.

Step 1. Know what your Interest and your Needs
You just have to think about your interest and needs, because some people out there could have the same interest and needs like you.

Step 2. Research your Places

When You have already know what your interest and needs, You could do some research about the places where you could find your interest or find your needs.

Step 3. Plan Your Visit and Go There
Plan your visit to those places already listed. Put your scheduled visit in your agenda, It could be one place in one day, or You could make itenary to go to different places on one day.

Step 4. Take Photos and Enjoy the Time
I know you have already know what to do in this step, Taking ALOT of Photos. LOL. You could instantly upload if you are using mobile phone to take pictures. For writing your review, You could do in another time. That time you were there, just enjoy the time and have the customer experience.

I am a Mom, my concern is to help other Moms. As a mom, I need to go to traditional market or Malls to buy my daily needs. I need information about the nearest bakery shop, or maybe the English course around my house for my son. I show you my 4 Steps. 

I decided last week to have a photowalk, I choose "Bakery Shops in my neighbourhood".
1. My need : Bakery Shop
2. I research Bakery Shop in Tomang, Jakarta Barat, Indonesia. I found 4 bakery shops. (Toko Irma, Belinda Bakery, Chez Ingrid, Almond Tree)
3. I planned my visit in Saturday Morning, 14th April 2018. Start at 7 AM.
4. Me and my son, visited bakery stores by bike. Even I bought some cakes and cookies in each stores, just to taste and had experience as a customer. So I could write review the bakery shop.

These photos were from those location, and I uploaded to Google Maps.

Toko Irma StoreToko Irma Store

Traditional cookies at Toko IrmaTraditional cookies at Toko IrmaBelinda Bakery StoreBelinda Bakery Storea lot of Bakery Cakesa lot of Bakery CakesBeautiful and Affordable Birthday CakeBeautiful and Affordable Birthday CakeTraditional Cookies for Chez IngridTraditional Cookies for Chez IngridChez Ingrid StoreChez Ingrid StoreCake Ball from Almond TreeCake Ball from Almond TreeAlmond TreeAlmond Tree

Have a cake for breakfastHave a cake for breakfast

Please share your experience and photos while you explore in your interest or your needs, in this discussion.  I wonder, what they are?

You can follow my Steps, and you will have happy and fun experience during explore your own neighbourhood. If you found difficulties during that time (and you wil!)

Just say this "Contribute is easy"

cheers

Devi Dimitra 

Jakarta, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta, Indonesia
35 comments
Level 10

Re: 4 Easy Steps to Contribute

Good explanation @Ddimitra. Ican feel this will helps mom have a quality time with children.

Keep on reviewing Mom.

Spreading happiness through Google Maps as a Local Guides.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 9

Nah.....

With this article we can make more people to be "funky" contributor

Terima kasih artikelnya

Level 8

Editing information & answering questions are also great way to contribute

Level 7

Nicely said!  Thank you for sharing!  Love your pictures!

Level 8

what a quality activities @Ddimitra impressive ..

you show us what "Mom" can do with google map as a local guides with family, and hosting helpful reviews with every details ..and you capture the perfect shot.

keep up exploring and sharing Mom...

Level 10

@BudiFXW wrote:

Good explanation @Ddimitra. Ican feel this will helps mom have a quality time with children.

Keep on reviewing Mom.

Spreading happiness through Google Maps as a Local Guides.

Thank you for your support  Mr Budi. 

Level 10

@isalkamal wrote:

Nah.....

With this article we can make more people to be "funky" contributor

Terima kasih artikelnya

I think you are one of the "funky" contributor.

Thx for stop by  @isalkamal

Please share your exploring ideas.

Level 10

@RodneyJS wrote:

Editing information & answering questions are also great way to contribute

Hi @RodneyJS

Yes you are right 

Answering questions also great!

Thx for stop by

Connect Moderator

Great post @Ddimitra! I completely agree.  I enjoyed reading how you can easily find things that interest you and how you incorporate this into your daily life as a Local Guide using Google Maps.

I hope you are thinking about applying to Connect Live. What you have written here would make a great 1 min video application entry for you.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Karen