ProfArunCM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

360 camera

I am planning to buy a 360 Camera. I shall be grateful, if you please suggest specifications for the same. Please note that I have limited budget for this.

Thanks

ProfArunCM

10 comments
Level 8

Re: 360 camera

Hii @ProfArunCM

If you wants to buy a 360 camera in India

Please buy LG 360 camera  in  14,715 rupees.

Richo Theta S     in 32,789 rupees. Both price in Amazon

You can also borrow a camera in loan Google Street View Camera Loan Application please read important notes Carefully.

Your regards

Umashankar Behera

Level 10

@ProfArunCM

as @Umashankar said if your budget is Low then You can Go with Lg 360 Camera.

but no Problem of Budget then you should go with Ricoh Theta.

Happy Mapping 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

@ProfArunCM I would go for the Richo Theta S. I used one and it is really good. I have a Nikon KeyMission 360 and there is a stitching an issue. 

@IlankovanT and @LucioV  will tell about their experences.

Level 10

I can confirm Theta S is still the best choice. I saw some nice results from Gear (https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/Editing-a-360-Gear-Photo-with-HDR-Program/m-p/2422...) but i was not able to obtain.

Nikon Keymission has great specs, but i think will need some tuning on firmware.

I suggest you to wait after the Google SVT Summit will be held in 10-11 may; several hardware producers will present new models!

Level 1

@ProfArunCM wrote:

I am planning to buy a 360 Camera. I shall be grateful, if you please suggest specifications for the same. Please note that I have limited budget for this.

Thanks

ProfArunCM

I love every Google services... Thanks Google for make us connected day by day once and more...

Level 9

@ProfArunCM I would say Theta S is better, and image quality also better. I recommend going for Theta S. @AnuradhaP but Nikon image quality is good but unfortunately, it's not supporting.

Level 7

I have a Gear 360 (v1), stitching is OK, Google Maps is compatible, but the quality is not so good. Currently, I'm thinking about to buy the new Xiaomi 360 camera ot maybe wait for the Yi VR camera, which is more expensive but looks like a decent camera. 

http://kobak.org
Level 10

I'd recommend the Ricoh Theta SC over the Ricoh Theta S.

The Ricoh Theta SC costs less, and the only difference is it doesn't have HDMI output.  The image quality is the same.

˚͜˚
Level 8

I have two official google streetview cameras, the NCTech iris360 v2. I like them very much, but they are quite big. (one is for sale now - if you are interested)

I also have a Theta S. It is awesome. It is on the market for years, I think it is still the best choice. You drop it into your packet and go. The best for taking fast images. It is a great fun for the family also.

It has an open API to control the camera. You can write you very own camera control app very easy. They still update the software, the firmware from time to time.

I suggest you to buy a Ricoh. All of them are ok for still photos. Chose the one your budget affords!

Have a nice time! 🙂