ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

📷 360° Photography WorldWide Meet-up 🌎

Hi Local Guides from all around the world! I hope you are doing very well.

I am writing this post to invite you to this huge Worldwide Meet-Up. As you may have noticed from the title, it's about 360° photography!

photo.jpg

So what is it all about exactly?

I would like Local Guides from all around the world to join this initiative. 360° photography is important to get a deeper insight into a place or area. They show us the world around us! Street View is made with 360° photos and even you can upload your own and become Street View Trusted Photographer. I would like to motivate Local Guides to take and upload more 360°s to Maps, so that's why I'm inviting you to join this from your city/country!

Want to join? These are the steps to follow:

1. Submit a meet-up. The title should be: Your city + 360° photography (Example: Buenos Aires 360° Photography). Anybody level 5 and above can host a meet up! Here's How to host a meet-up. The meet-up should be held any day between November 16th-19th in your city or in a city you would like to take 360 photos.
  2. When your meet-up is approved, let me know in the comments so I add it to the list!
  3. You can share about your meet-up in social media, so more people know about and join this initiative.
  4. During the meet-up, motivate the attendees to take 360° photos. If they don't know how, you can teach them! And if you don't know how, they can teach you 🙂
  5. Upload the photos to Street View. Here's more info about the app.
  6. Upload a recap of your meet-up here in Connect. The title should be [Recap] + your city + 360° photography (Example: [Recap] Buenos Aires 360° Photography). You can even make a video and post it there too 🙂 I will make a recap of recaps posted until Nov. 30th.
  7. Let me know about your recap so I add it to the recap list!
  8. Upload your best 360° photos to the shared album. You might also add photos with the attendees of your meet-up.

Here's a 360° photo I took in Campanopolis, Argentina:

You might be wondering... But what if I don't have a 360° camera?

Well, luckily that is not a problem! You can take 360° photos by downloading the Google Street View app from your app store (if your phone has a gyro sensor, it should work). The 360° photo of Campanopolis you can see above was taken with my cellphone from the Street View App.

Once you download it:

• Open the app and tap on the orange circle with a "+" sign and a camera:

It is usually located in the lower-right side of your screenIt is usually located in the lower-right side of your screen

• Tap on "Camera":

02 button camera.jpg

• This screen will show up, just tap on "open camera":

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-24 at 14.59.20 (2).jpeg

• The camera will open, and you have to follow the orange dots in all directions. You are supposed to act like an axis and turn around slowly. Give it time, as every dot you step on is a photo that your cellphone will take.

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-24 at 14.59.20 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-10-24 at 14.59.20 (4).jpeg 

• Once you are done, the "✔" sign will turn green. Just tap on it and wait. The app will make the rest!

You can then upload the photos to certain locations in the map.

Why is this event Worldwide?

Once in a while, some Local Guides host worldwide events. This means that they choose a topic or type of contribution, and invite members from all around the world to host meet-ups in their cities, all following the same topic, and at the same time. They always cause big impact in the community because people from lots of countries are contributing together and improving Maps worldwide!

Here are some past editions of worldwide events:

So, are you joining us? We would love to see the 360° photos you will take of your city 🙂

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them here!

And don't forget to let me know when your meet-up is approved, so I can add it to the list!

Thank you!

Valeria

APPROVED MEET-UPS:

(A list of the approved meet-ups can be seen in the first comments of this post below.)

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
74 comments
Level 10

Re: 📷 360° Photography WorldWide Meet-up 🌎

(1) Approved meet-ups

Argentina

BUENOS AIRES - Fotografía 360° - Buenos Aires by @ValeriaAumasque - November 18th (RSVP here)

Australia

MELBOURNE - Melbourne 360 and Cup Day Photo by @PaulPavlinovich - November 6th (RSVP here)

Italy

ROME - 360 like a Pro - Masterclass by @LucioV - November 24th (RSVP here)

Malaysia
KUALA LUMPUR - WW360 Meet Kuala Lumpur by @Saqis9966 - November 18th (RSVP here

Mexico

MEXICO CITY - Mexico City 360 Photography by @Aura - November 18th (RSVP here)

Nigeria

ABUJA - Abuja 360 photography by @EmekaUlor - November 17th (RSVP here)

AWKA - 360 Photo Walk Awka by @HelloSamsonR - November 17th (RSVP here)

CALABAR - 360 Photowalk Calabar by @HelloSamsonR - November 19th (RSVP here)

ENUGU - 360 Photo Walk Enugu by @HelloSamsonR - November 16th (RSVP here)

LAGOS - 360 photowalk Nigeria by @HelloSamsonR - November 10th (RSVP here)

PORT HARCOURT - 360 Photo Walk Port Harcourt by @HelloSamsonR - November 18th (RSVP here)

Sri Lanka

ANURADHAPURA - Anuradhapura 360 Photography by @AnuradhaP - November 18th (RSVP here)

BATTICALOA - Sri Lanka 360° Photography 📷 by @IlankovanT - November 10th (RSVP here)

KANDY - 360° Photography MeetUp Kandy by @Amilamadushan - November 17th (RSVP here)

UK

LONDON - A 360 tourist in London by @LucioV - November 16th (RSVP here)

MANCHESTER - Stockport Brows and Brews 360° by @deadmanjones - November 18th (RSVP here)

Level 10

(2) Approved meet-ups

Bolivia

SANTA CRUZ DE LA SIERRA - Fotografía 360° Santa Cruz by @Gabuu - November 18th (RSVP here)

Japan

AOMORI - Aomori 360° Photography by @HiroyukiTakisawa - November 17th (RSVP here)

KYOTO - 京都秋色360度写真交流会 by @YasumiKikuchi - November 18th (RSVP here)

TOKYO - 360°写真ミートアップin東京 by @ken_jp - November 18th (RSVP here)

Philippines

MANILA - 360° Photowalk in BGC by @JedR - November 18th (RSVP here)

Spain

BARCELONA - BrewPubs 360 by @Phunky - November 17th (RSVP here)

Tanzania

DAR ES SALAAM - The Slipway in 360! by @Tula - November 18th (RSVP here)

USA
LOS GATOS, CA - St. Joseph's Hill in 360 by @KimberlyAnnG - November 16th (RSVP here)

PHILADELPHIA, PA - 360 Photography ~ Philadephia by @LeanneM - November 17th (RSVP here)
WASHINGTON, DC - Washington DC 360 Photography by @Nick-Hobgood - November 17th (RSVP here)

Level 10

(3) Approved meet-ups

India

BENGALURU - WW 360-Photo Walk Meetup by @SalmaanN - November 18th (RSVP here)

KANCHIPURAM - Kanchipuram 360° Photography by @TravellerG - November 16th (RSVP here)

MUMBAI - Mumbai 360° Photography by @BalvinderSingh - November 18th (RSVP here)

RANCHI - Ranchi 360° Photography by @Nand_Kishore - November 8th (RSVP here)

SALEM - SALEM 360 PHOTOGRAPHY by @Saravanakanth - November 18th (RSVP here)

VADODARA - Vadodara-360° PhotoWalk Meetup by @iDepp - November 18th (RSVP here)

VARANASI - Varanasi 360° Photography by @NandKK - November 17th (RSVP here)

YERCAUD - Yercaud 360 Photography by @TravellerG - November 17th (RSVP here)

Indonesia

BOGOR - Bogor 360° Photography by @ndraverne - November 17th (RSVP here)

SURABAYA - 360 Meet-Up Surabaya by @AriefAnshori - November 18th (RSVP here)

Nepal

KATHMANDU - Kathmandu 360 PhotoWalk by @Surendra - November 17th (RSVP here)

Level 10

(4) Approved meet-ups

Level 10

(5) Approved meet-ups

Level 9

great brilliant idea :))) @ValeriaA_

and i am sure SV team will like it too

@SonyaN  , @Anonymous :))

Level 8

Level 8

This is awesome @ValeriaA_

What a great initiative. LOVE IT!!

I really appreciate how detailed your guide is on taking 360 pictures with the Street view app for simple phones. Count me in for sure.

I'll submit my meet-up request for Tanzania!

Connect Moderator

@ValeriaA_ What an idea ! I will try to join with you .

Happy Guiding !!