cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

3000 views in my photos

Screenshot_2017-02-24-11-36-05.png

Screenshot_2017-02-24-11-36-25.png

This is not possible without all your support, friends... 

Vellore Local Guides
Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
8 comments
Level 10

Re: 3000 views in my photos

Congrats, @SalmaanN

fel

Level 7

@SalmaanN Congrats! Now imagine how you will feel when your photo view count will hit 100,000 🙂

Level 8

Hi @KonstantinG.. If that happen, i will sure get fainted.. 😉

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Hi @Csaba..

Your profile is just amazing , brother !

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

You better get prepared, @SalmaanN.

@SalmaanN wrote:

Hi @KonstantinG.. If that happen, i will sure get fainted.. 😉

Level 8

Well.. I'll take your advice, @YK1001 😉

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

@SalmaanN wrote:

Hi @Csaba..

Your profile is just amazing , brother !

Well, @SalmaanN, on one hand, I have been doing this (and lots of map editing) for quite some time now. On the other, I get to places where very few can get and have the chance to take pictures that no-one has ever taken (at least for sharing with the public) so some of my pictures do actually have high view counts. Look at this beauty (a 18th century belfry from below) for instance. And all 12 photos published for that place are "mine". Before, there was no picture of that church at all on Google Maps. 

My highest image view (over 690,000 views) is for a picture I took when one of the steeples of our cathedral was under renovation and I climbed up to the very top with my colleagues (and of course, to take pictures). Here is a gallery of how it was. Certainly not too many people can take such interesting photos 🙂

This is also a "trick" (that I do not use to earn points but as a "side effect", can boost your view count): take pictures of places on the map that have no pictures added to yet. This way, whenever someone clicks on the place in the map, will inevitably see your picture. At the same time, this is one of the most useful way of contributing. If you add a picture to a place with already dozens of images, it may of course help, but does not add too much. Yet when you add a picture to a place that has none, it will help others immensely. 

Anyway, you are on the right track and keep contributing and soon you will receive even more emails like that above! 🙂

Level 8

Thank you very much for all your inputs, @Csaba.. I just now visited your gallery, its fascinating.. Yeah, I will do as you said.. Thanks! 🙂

Vellore Local Guides