JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: 2nd European Meet-up (Ghent, Belgium)

Thanks for helping to spread the news @AdrianLunsong - I hope to be able to add the UK flag soon.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Hi @JanVanHaver, I'll be happy to join the Local Guide meet-up in Ghent. I live in Ghent myself (well, near enough, anyway). If nothing gets in the way, expect me there.

By the way, you talk about the Lam Gods. The centerpiece, what it is most famous for, is still being restored in the MSK. Do you intend to go there, or go to the incomplete painting in Saint Bavo's Cathedral?

All the best,

Denver

Connect Moderator

Woohoo, great news @denverdcl !

I am aware about the ongoing restauration works for the painting, and that is actually an exhibition in its own right, that we could visit. It is not clear what exactly we can/will do as this also depends on the size of the group. More details will be provided once the date gets nearer. And as you live nearby, you can obviously just join the parts that you want.

I will also send you a PM with some additional information. In the meantime: don't hesitate to convince family & friends that they should also join, e.g. by sharing this post on social media.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

I am so keeeeeeen to attend this meet up @JanVanHaver. Just waiting for another conference date to get confirmed. If it is around the same time, I am surely going to attend this one!

Connect Moderator

That would be awesome @vvbellur ! If I listened correctly to the list mentioned in Episode 2 of Go Loco, Belgium is not one of the countries you have visited yet, so that should be an extra motivation - and by the way Ghent is really close to the Netherlands as well 😃

Connect Moderator

Hey @vvbellur

It will be fantastic to see you there! Vandana, it's great opportunity to meet and explore Belgium together!

Most of us will visit Belgium in the first time! Looking forward to Meet-up!

Cheers 

Jane

Connect Moderator

Level 8

@JanVanHaver @ErmesT @JaneBurunina... I know it will be so awesome if I can make it. I guess i will get to see Netherlands and Belgium! haha. Just waiting to see when the TBEX Europe conference dates will be announced! Hopefully soon.

Connect Moderator

It is quite simple, @vvbellur : the TBEX date is not fixed yet, but ours is, so we were first... they should simply adapt to us 🤣

Connect Moderator

Good news: I was able to make my favorite type of edit to the post... Adding a flag to the list of countries of origin of the participants that have signed up. In this case it is Germany.