JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: 2nd European Meet-up (Ghent, Belgium)

Excellent news @ErmesT @LudwigGermany - pretty soon I can start updating the post with flag emojis to represent the participating countries.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Former Google Contributor

Hi @JanVanHaver,

Thank you for sharing the details of this meet-up with us.

It looks amazing, can't wait for the recap. Please do tag me, so I won't miss it. 

Have fun and keep on great posts.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 7

Oh really ? 😞 I have a wedding to go the 7th of June in Ludwigsburg.

I'll have to check if I will be able to get there by the 8th. 

Annyways, great news to read about the 2nd European Meet Up. 

@JanVanHaver

@TorM

Connect Moderator

Will do @MoniV - and obviously also moderators (both the 'Connect' and the 'Google' species) are more than welcome to join. As well as Googlers, of course 😄

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Having to choose between attending a wedding and a local guide meet-up... life can be full of tough, heartbreaking choices, @barrazacarlos 🤣

Connect Moderator

I have now added some more info about getting from Brussels airport to Ghent:

From Brussels Airport, the easiest way to get to Ghent is by train, as there is a direct connection (every 30 minutes or so, until 10 PM). The rides takes less than an hour and costs 18 EUR.

Connect Moderator

Hi @JanVanHaver

Thank you for organizing the 2nd European meet-up.

This is a great opportunity to visit Belgium.

Look forward for meeting with my Local Guides friends!

Connect Moderator

@AdrianLunsong any chance anyone from your Manchester local guides would be interested in joining the European Meetup (provided that UK residents are by then still allowed to enter the EU 😎)?

And could you please help spreading the news to other local guides in the UK? My aim is to bring local guides together from as many different countries as possible - so far the list consists of 4 flags.

Connect Moderator

This will be awesome @JanVanHaver

I wish you a successful meet up..

Looking forward to see your recap..

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

@JanVanHaver I'll spread the word out to the UK folks! Not sure about the rest but I'm still unsure about my holiday plans! Will try to though as I've not been to Ghent and it sounds like a fun experience! Will PM you too! 🙂

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews