ivicirillo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

25th May - Argentina celebrates the "Revolución de Mayo" (May Revolution)

A little bit of history over here...

May 25 is one of the most important patriotic dates for the Argentine Republic, which commemorates the May Revolution, a feat that ended in the constitution of the First Governing Board that deposed the authority of the Spanish viceroy Baltasar Hidalgo de Cisneros on the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata.

This was the beginning of the process of emergence of the Argentine State, which would proclaim its independence only 6 years later, on July 9, 1816.

How we celebrate? Eating tipical meals...

The first one, and personally one of my favourites, the Locro: is a stew based on squash, beans, corn and / or potatoes. Also you can add meat products, like pork, chorizos, bacon but you can keep it vegetarian if you want and it still being delicious.

Here some history and recipe!LocroLocro

Another tipical meal is the Empanada: It is a thin and brittle dough or a puff pastry filled with a salted preparation, and hoy can bake it or fry it. The filling can include red or white meat, fish or vegetables, but the most typical are red meat and corn, called humita. Ir is a tipical meal in the patriotic dates, but we eat it usually too.EmpanadasEmpanadas

And the last one, Asado: it is red meat cooked on a grill with chorizo and morcilla normally. AsadoAsado

Hope you like it, have hoy all a nice day! Viva Argentina 💙🌼💙

Source - for more info!

Argentina
5 comments
Level 9

Bls: 25th May - Argentina celebrates the "Revolución de Mayo" (May Revolution)

hi friends, best regards. I am masbi from indonesia

the food is very delicious, I want to try it
what's the name of the food?

Level 5

Hi @Masbi! I'm happy you like it, the first picture is the "Locro", the second one "Empanadas", and the las one is "Asado", very tipical meals of Argentina. It is a tradition to eat Asado on sundays, for example. And we eat Locro on patriotic dates. 

Level 7

Re: 25th May - Argentina celebrates the "Revolución de Mayo" (May Revolution)

@ivicirillo

Thanks for sharing with us .

Looks delicious food 

I like it 

Am from Tunisia 🇹🇳 

Nice to meet you Argentina 😍😍

Level 9

Re: 25th May - Argentina celebrates the "Revolución de Mayo" (May Revolution)

Yummy recipes @ivicirillo Thank you for sharing Argentina celebrates the May Revolution...

Level 9

hai  @ivicirillo

thnak for explain it

success for you sister