cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

2019 Annual 36 Photowalk - Call for Leaders/Places

The 36 Walk LogoThe 36 Walk Logo

WE WANT YOU!

As Local Guides we rely on images in Maps every day. When we’re looking for a place, or trying to find out what it looks like inside or perhaps the quality of the meals served or products sold.

When I look on Maps I often see some absolutely amazing images, but I also see a lot of mediocre and even poor images which reflects poorly on Local Guides.

Organiser Paul Pavlinovich

the 36 walk mission is to help people improve their own photography

Photography has become too easy. Most of us have a camera in our pocket and we’ve lost the need to care because making an image costs us nothing.

By constraining ourselves we must take more care with every image because it has to count. This leads to Consider. Compose. Click.

Why 36? In its heyday the most popular film came in 36 shot canisters. Each shot cost real money to develop. There was constraint. For most people this meant quality.

Each year, the 36 walk has grown because Local Guides care about quality and care about their contributions to Maps.

join the mission: lead a walk

Information is provided to make it easy to run a walk. Simply register your 36 Walk Meetup called "36 Walk place" e.g. 36 Walk Melbourne-AU to run March 23rd and post a link to your walk here so I can include it on the MyMap. Information packs are available in English Dutch Hindi Italian, Russian and Spanish and now Ukranian.  Read the information pack and if you have any questions ask them on this post. Feel free to use text from the information packs on your post.

join the mission: join a walk, or go solo

After the leaders join the mission the walks will be advertised. Join one of these or go solo. It’s up to you.

Attendee packs are available in English, Dutch, Hindi, Italian, Russian, SpanishUrdu and now Ukranian.

Walks MyMap

Thanks to my awesome translators. If you would like to contribute a translation please PM me.

68 comments
Level 9

Re: 2019 Annual 36 Photowalk - Call for Leaders/Places

@PaulPavlinovich  Thanks for reminding use to get out there to do things.  @KimberlyAnnG  What should we do?  Got to get together with Ivan (can't remember is tag), haven't seen him in a while.   

Level 8

Excited @PaulPavlinovich  hope to lead more events this time in Nepal

Namaste 

Niraj

Connect Moderator

Former Google Contributor

This is great @PaulPavlinovich, we can always use better images on Google Maps.

I hope to see a lot of meet-ups in different cities with the "36 walk" titles. 

This could become a great theme, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it will turn out. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich  Is it local guide to host 36 walk in their country same date on 23rd March? 

Updated: as informed by @ErmesT it's corrected that local guide to host a 36 photo walk meet-up in their country same date. 

Connect Moderator

Excelente @PaulPavlinovich , como el año pasado quisiera organizar una en Buenos Aires, todavía no tengo escogido el sitio pero estoy seguro que será muy buena, ya veremos.

Farid

Former Google Contributor

@PaulPavlinovich What are some of your suggestions for hosting walks? Should they be out in nature? I'm thinking of hosting one!

Connect Moderator

Nice one @PaulPavlinovich !! Photo walks are always fun.. especially when we weave in a few stops for coffee and cakes!! 😉

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 9

I'm ready and loading my cameras 🙂

yes, @PaulPavlinovich  Sri Lanka is ready for you 🙂 🙂 I will submit a meetup 🙂