AlexPssn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

2018 Local Guide suspended accounts

Hi @TraciC and @KarenVChin,

I'm creating a new post with a "2018" title so I can keep track of suspended account requests. I'm not sure who is giving out my email for suspended accounts. But I'll try to help, I have a Level 10 Local Guide whose account was suspended due to possibly posting duplicate pictures. He can no longer login to Connect or his Google account.

Can you help? 

Thanks

Alex

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: 2018 Local Guide suspended accounts

Hey @AlexPssn:

Firstly, I suggest that you remove the username from your post due to privacy concerns. 

Are you getting people reaching out to you regarding their accounts? Can you direct them to this post? There are directions for the user to reach out directly to the Local Guides team if he or she doesn't think they should be suspended or removed from the program.

What is interesting in this particular situation is - why this user no longer has access to his Google account as well. Something else could be going on as well... 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hey @AlexPssn:

Firstly, I suggest that you remove the username from your post due to privacy concerns. 

Are you getting people reaching out to you regarding their accounts? Can you direct them to this post? There are directions for the user to reach out directly to the Local Guides team if he or she doesn't think they should be suspended or removed from the program.

What is interesting in this particular situation is - why this user no longer has access to his Google account as well. Something else could be going on as well... 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

Thank you @Shirley,

He asked me to share his name with the moderators. But I'll delete it and send him the link

Thanks again

Alex

Level 9

I understand @AlexPssn but users should be reaching out themselves. Remind them the post is actually public so they do not need to set up another Local Guides account to view the post, doing this would violate T&Cs of the program as well. Thanks for helping!

Connect Moderator

@AlexPssn, please tell this Local Guide to follow the process that @Shirley has pointed out. If he/she has not been contacted from Google in a month’s time, please reach out to us here again in Connect.

Thanks for taking the time in helping. Maybe you are getting a great reputation for being a caring, helpful Local Guide?! = )

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Hi My brother is also facing the same problem as I don't want to mention any personal details here.

He has tried asking to twitter googlelocal account and on facebook via messenger too, but have not heard back as its more than a month now.

Please help.

Level 9

@SanHap: Sometimes it'll take some time as the team gets to be very busy. I suggest that your brother tries again as the user has to do it himself.

Level 9

he had messaged on facebook and twitter like last month and keep putting "??' to that posy but of no use.

Anyway I know we have to w8.

Thanks for the reply.