SanyaOdare's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

2018 IWD: Meet Lagos Local Guides Women

Faces of Lagos Local Guides WomenFaces of Lagos Local Guides WomenHappy International Women's Day! The theme for 2018 is #PressForProgress. Therefore, I thought it wise to celebrate those women who are members of Lagos Local Guides in Nigeria and have been passionately pressing for progress of the Local Guides program by way of contributing immensely to Google Maps. These contributions are in various ways, such as reviewing, sharing photographs and videos, providing insights with answers, responding to questions about a place, updating information with place edits, adding missing places, or verifying information by checking existing facts.

In no particular order please meet and read some interesting things about them below:

Victoria - Lagos Local GuideVictoria - Lagos Local Guide

Name: Victoria
What I love about being a Local Guide: I really can't say now because I feel there are still lots of lovely places I will soon explore - that i really don't know of yet.
My favorite thing to explore: I love to explore or should I say tour to take pictures and tell stories with my shots.
Fun Fact about me: ...is taking street pictures and gist you with my images. 😝

Adesola - Lagos Local GuideAdesola - Lagos Local Guide

Name:  Adesola
What I love about being a Local Guide: I love sharing my fun visits, and not so fun visits with everyone. Also, knowing that my reviews can help someone make important decisions about where to go and how to go is heartwarming. 😝
My favorite thing to explore: Fun spots, family fun spots and other general fun spots.
Fun Fact about me: I don't always feel like going out, but once I'm out, I do all the fun things and generally learn more from such outings.

Angel - Lagos Local GuideAngel - Lagos Local GuideName: Angel
What I love about being a Local Guide: I love exploring the city, meeting new people, sharing pictures that might help someone in search of a location find it easily and sharing the same goal with other Local Guides.
My favorite thing to explore: I love taking pictures of cinemas and eateries.

Fun Fact about me: I'm super-friendly, I love exploring and I love smiling.

Pwana - Lagos Local GuidePwana - Lagos Local Guide

Name:  Pwana
What I love about being a Local Guide: I love being part of solution providers to as many people unknown to me. If something I do helps them make a right decision, then I am fulfilled.
My favorite thing to explore: Vegetation, landmarks, food, just about anything really.

Fun Fact about me: I started my Local Guides journey in 2017, I enjoy photography with an attitude and writing reviews.

Lerato - Lagos Local GuideLerato - Lagos Local Guide

Name: Lerato
What I love about being a Local Guide: I love being able to help people decide where to go.
My favorite thing to explore: Historic, water-side or outdoor resorts, bars, restaurants and the diverse cultures of people.

Fun Fact about me: I am a clown ...just kidding. Truth is, I love meeting people, and doing salsa/Latin dancing and wine.

Adefisayo - Lagos Local GuideAdefisayo - Lagos Local Guide

Name: Adefisayo
What I love about being a Local Guide: It is fun exploring places together and I got to know a lot of places that I won't even go on a normal day.
My favorite thing to explore: I love the beach side, tourist centers, places full of life and adventures.

Fun Fact about me:  I love the Local Guides program because it got me closer to my hubby away from the everyday hustle of family responsibilities while we are having so much fun and helping people at the same time.

Suzan - Lagos Local GuideSuzan - Lagos Local Guide

Name:  Suzan
What I love about being a Local Guide: Sharing my thoughts, exploration and experience about different locations to help others make better decisions and choices.
My favorite thing to explore: Restaurants, hotels, fun parks and historical centers. 

Fun Fact about me:  I love to sing in the shower, listen to music, eat food, love bikes and sport, meeting people, impacting lives, taking risks and day dreaming. 😂😂😂

Uzoma - Lagos Local GuideUzoma - Lagos Local Guide

Name:  Uzoma
What I love about being a Local Guide: There are a lot of bad people in this world. I understand what it feels like when you are lost. I love to help people find their way, show them the world from my perspective and most importantly help them feel safe.
My favorite thing to explore:  Places I love to explore - Hawaii

Fun Fact about me:  For instance, I’ve started mapping places in 2014. I helped put my university on google maps.

Temitope - Lagos Local GuideTemitope - Lagos Local Guide

Name:  Temitope

What I love about being a Local Guide: Sharing my little corner of the world I call home and networking as I do so.
My favorite thing to explore:  ...anywhere with art, nature, music and basically fun.

Fun Fact about me:  I am a Level 6 Local Guide with 2,512 points, 184 photos, 75,436 views and 37,938 points - short of being a novice photographer...all with my Galaxy J5!!!

Efe - Lagos Local GuideEfe - Lagos Local Guide

Name: Efe

What I love about being a Local Guide: I just became a Local Guide this weekend, but I love the fact that I can help others see beauty and have fun particularly in Lagos State and in Nigeria as a whole. I also love the fact that I am part of the amazing Local Guides community.
My favorite thing to explore:  My favorite place to explore are natural sites or places with historical significance.

Fun Fact about me:  I can't get over the awesomeness that is plantain.

'Bukola - Lagos Local Guide'Bukola - Lagos Local Guide

Name:  'Bukola

What I love about being a Local Guide:  ...getting to explore my surroundings with like-minded Local Guides from all works of life and genuinely having fun.
My favorite thing to explore:  The Northern part of Nigeria.

Fun Fact about me:  I’m a Builder, NGO Fundraising Consultant and Jewelry merchant.

@U-royFelixA@HelloSamsonR@AustinCO@Sagir@bolarzeal@wildspan@Sayo@MrLabule would you please join me celebrate our women/

Lagos, Nigeria
98 comments
Level 10

Re: 2018 IWD: Meet Lagos Local Guides Women

Hi @SanyaOdare

These are all passionate and successful women,set an example for women power.

Thanks for sharing

Have a nice day

Level 9

Absolutely wonderful fantastic women.. keep winning, kepp pressing for progress .

Thanks @SanyaOdare for this beautiful piece👍👍👍

Level 7

Thanks for putting this together @SanyaOdare very thoughtful of you. Our Powerful Ladies be doing us proud omg! 😍 I celebrate you all @pwanaduku @BukolaAjayi et al 

James Edeani - Lagos Local Guide
Level 10

Yes they are! Thank you @AkmalB for your compliments and do have yourself a lovely day as well.

@AkmalB wrote:

Hi @SanyaOdare

These are all passionate and successful women,set an example for women power.

Thanks for sharing

Have a nice day

Level 10

Hi @SanyaOdare,

Excellent post that magnifies Nigerians queens .

Level 10

Hey @SanyaOdare!! This post deserves a thousand kudos! Great way to celebrate the excellence of our women Local Guides in Nigeria. Well done! 👏

Isaac
Connect Moderator

It's really great post to dedicate all women Local Guides on this international Women's Day. @SanyaOdare

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

@SanyaOdare we can't thank you enough for putting this piece together in celebrating the women of our local guides programme. And to all the women, we are standing tall for you.

Connect Moderator

Proud of these women who contribute to making information accessible to millions across the world.

Let us support more women to participate in shaping the world. 

@SanyaOdare remain fantastic!

#TimeIsNow