JosephDewey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: 100 of my reviews disappeared

Hi @JosephDewey - I'll see what can be done in your case. I am not familiar with the draft status in Google Maps - would you mind sharing a screenshot or two of your old reviews where the "draft" status is noted. 

Since these are draft status, I assume these reviews are also no longer public at the POI yes?  If so, are these draft status reviews/content that you could resubmit to the place as well? I'd love to see screenshots of what that looks like as well. The more info you can share, the better I can troubleshoot. Thanks!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

Okay, I'll get a screenshot or two. Actually, I realized I was wrong with a part of what I was saying. I actually visited the place 7 months ago, that I reviewed about 8 years ag

So, I don't think there's a "date" attached to my old reviews...unless they're one of the few reviews that are part of my Google Timeline in the last 12 months.

That means that any reviews of places not in my timeline (most of my missing 100 reviews), won't have any date attached to them that's visible to me.

Level 10

Screenshot_20180613-125137.png@BruceDM Here's one of mine that's stuck on this business. I think I wrote this one 5-6 years ago.

https://goo.gl/maps/dhFStfeeLB12

Level 4

so urefull 

@JosephDewey - I'm looking into this. Thanks for sharing.

Level 10

@JosephDewey - I've taken a look into your issue. The reviews you have in draft mode are a product of system updates that were made to the Google Maps backend a few years ago.  This was routine maintenance and it affected a small percentage of our community, where older reviews were involved. This was intended behavior at the time. 

The data is not deleted as you can see but since these reviews are now in draft mode, you have the option to make them public again if you wish. They will not be reverted to draft mode again if you re-publish.

Level 10

@BruceDM, How do I find them? I only know where to find 2-3 of the 100 draft reviews.

And can I get my dates restored on them? If I just publish the draft, then it will publish it with today's date, not with the original date of my review.

This didn't happen a few years ago...it was only a few weeks before my post. 1-2 months ago, I posted that I passed 1000 reviews before they disappeared, so it was very recent.

Hi @JosephDewey - I cannot comment on the specific implementation timeline but the process did affect only the older reviews for a subset of Google Maps users. To answer your other question, If you were to republish, you will see the review posted with the new date and not the older one.

Level 4

I’l check