JosephDewey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

100 of my reviews disappeared

@BruceDM @ErmesT

Usually I just wait for stuff like this to fix itself...but I think there might be a chance that my account needs to be looked at.

It looks like 100% of my reviews older than 2 years old are gone, which is about my first 100-120 reviews I wrote for Google. Everything else in the last 2 years is still intact. I have about 53 reviews from 7-10 years ago.

About a week or two ago, I went from 1015 reviews down to about 890 reviews. I think my points went down, too.

Also, my 9 "ratings" I've been trying to get rid of disappeared...But those were about 8 years old, too.

20 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: 100 of my reviews disappeared

@JosephDewey - This issue may occur due to the way Google is processing new reviews that come in for a place. This same type of behavior has been observed for some users who have added photos to a place, only to see those photos 'drop-off' after a period of time in which other Google Maps users have continued to add newer photo contributions to the place. Thus the older pictures appear to be gone even though no contribution points have been lost. This issue is something on a backlog for review with Google Maps engineers. I don't believe your contributions have been lost in this case and as updates and changes are made on the backend, things should reappear in time.

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Level 10

@ErmesT , any advice for me on this?

I think I was a little confusing. I know that I wrote about 53 reviews in the timeframe of 7-10 years ago, and so I'm calculating that I wrote about 70 reviews in the timeframe of 3-7 years ago (during the Google Plus days, I didn't write any reviews), so that's about 120 missing reviews from the timeframe of 3-10 years ago.

Connect Moderator

Hi @JosephDewey, this is the first time a read about old review disappeared, but I will keep an eye on the community for similar messages. For going in deep on the issue, we should wait tomorrow, for a Googler to read it

Ermes

Level 10

Level 8

Hi @JosephDewey 

Yes, such issue has come to light recently. Even @Pierros and many others are facing the similar issue. I hope this gets resolved soon. Because it's really very disheartening to see your hard work going in vain.

Level 10

Level 10

It's a bad things because it's really very disheartening to see our hard work going in vain. Wants to see the reply of a Googler. @JosephDewey
Level 10

@MahmudPolash I'm not disheartened. This kind of thing happens every 6 months or so, and in my experience, it always gets restored. I'm just hoping that they know about it so they don't have to fish my reviews out of a back up server in Alaska, or somewhere hard to restore. I work in IT, so I totally understand that constantly doing upgrades can result in temporary unavailability of certain things.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

@JosephDewey - This issue may occur due to the way Google is processing new reviews that come in for a place. This same type of behavior has been observed for some users who have added photos to a place, only to see those photos 'drop-off' after a period of time in which other Google Maps users have continued to add newer photo contributions to the place. Thus the older pictures appear to be gone even though no contribution points have been lost. This issue is something on a backlog for review with Google Maps engineers. I don't believe your contributions have been lost in this case and as updates and changes are made on the backend, things should reappear in time.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

@BruceDM I've been doing a lot more research on this, and I believe that it's not the case that you're mentioning.

I noticed that all of my reviews from 2-10 years ago have been reverted/converted into Drafts, and the "date" on these drafts seems to be about 7 months ago. There's no actual "date" field, but a few of them showed up on my Suggested Contributions with a suggestion to finish my review that Google thought I started 7 months ago---but they were reviews that I wrote 3-10 years ago.

I'm really proud of the fact that I submitted my first review to Google 10 years ago, and even though my first reviews weren't all that great, it would be really cool if they could be restored, so that it shows I wrote my first Google Maps review 10 years ago. I've found a few of these "drafts," and published them, but I don't want to publish all of them because then it looks like I've just been contributing to Google Maps for a little over a year.

Could you please help me to have someone review my reviews in my account that have reverted to Draft status? 900 of my reviews from today to 2 years ago are still there, 100%, and 100 of my reviews from 2 years ago to 10 years ago have ALL reverted to Draft status. This is not what you described in your solution, so could you please help me?