Christina-NYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

10 photos taken by Connect Live Tokyo 2019 attendees

This weekend, we’re heading to Tokyo for a Connect Live 2019 pop-up event. This year’s attendees are outstanding photographers, so we thought you might want to see some of the amazing photos they’ve captured. 

As a whole, the Local Guides attending Connect Live Tokyo 2019 have shared more than 700,000 photos on Google Maps and received over 2 billion photo views. We’re blown away by these numbers!

The photos below represent only a small portion of the group’s beautiful photos. Each one successfully captures the beauty of Japan. Scroll through to see them all and then tell us which one is your favorite and why in the comments below.

1. 旧三菱第2ドックハウス in Nagasaki, Japan by Local Guide Ponsuke Ponsuke, Level 9

Caption: A photo of a wide view of a park and pond on the waterfront at 旧三菱第2ドックハウス in Nagasaki, Japan. (Local Guide Ponsuke Ponsuke)Caption: A photo of a wide view of a park and pond on the waterfront at 旧三菱第2ドックハウス in Nagasaki, Japan. (Local Guide Ponsuke Ponsuke)

2. Kurasushi in Tokyo, Japan by Local Guide きんぐがるふ, Level 9

Caption: A close-up photo of nigiri on a blue and white decorative plate with chopsticks at Kurasushi in Tokyo, Japan. (Local Guide きんぐがるふ)Caption: A close-up photo of nigiri on a blue and white decorative plate with chopsticks at Kurasushi in Tokyo, Japan. (Local Guide きんぐがるふ)

3. Chiba Park 千葉公園 in Chiba, Japan by Local Guide Yoshitaka Yasuda, Level 10

Caption: A photo of the back view of a person walking with a floral umbrella on a pathway in Chiba Park in Chiba, Japan. Umbrellas are hung overhead in the trees along the path. (Local Guides Yoshitaka Yasuda)Caption: A photo of the back view of a person walking with a floral umbrella on a pathway in Chiba Park in Chiba, Japan. Umbrellas are hung overhead in the trees along the path. (Local Guides Yoshitaka Yasuda)

4. 若富庵 in Konosu, Japan by Local Guide 界外宏明, Level 8

Caption: A photo of a motorbike and potted flowers outside of a soba noodle shop in Konosu Japan. (Local Guide 界外宏明)Caption: A photo of a motorbike and potted flowers outside of a soba noodle shop in Konosu Japan. (Local Guide 界外宏明)

5. Futamiokitama Shrine in Ise, Japan by Local Guide Kero Koro, Level 8

Caption: A closeup photo of a branch of cherry blossoms at Futamiokitama Shrine in Ise, Japan. (Local Guide Kero Koro)Caption: A closeup photo of a branch of cherry blossoms at Futamiokitama Shrine in Ise, Japan. (Local Guide Kero Koro)

6. Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Japan by Local Guide 飯野博之, Level 8

Caption: A photo of the exterior of the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Japan, with grass and trees surrounding it, taken on a partly cloudy day. (Local Guide  飯野博之)Caption: A photo of the exterior of the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Japan, with grass and trees surrounding it, taken on a partly cloudy day. (Local Guide 飯野博之)

7. Trattoria Tanta Bocca in Tokyo, Japan by Local Guide Aya A, Level 7

Caption: A photo of colorful fruits and vegetables on a white plate at Trattoria Tanta Bocca in Tokyo, Japan. (Local Guide Aya A)Caption: A photo of colorful fruits and vegetables on a white plate at Trattoria Tanta Bocca in Tokyo, Japan. (Local Guide Aya A)

8. Niukawakami Lower Shrine in Nara, Japan by Local Guide 池松恭子, Level 7

Caption: A photo of the back view of a man and child holding hands and walking towards a shinto shrine at Niukawakami Lower Shrine in Nara, Japan. (Local Guide 池松恭子)Caption: A photo of the back view of a man and child holding hands and walking towards a shinto shrine at Niukawakami Lower Shrine in Nara, Japan. (Local Guide 池松恭子)

9. North Safari Sapporo in Sapparo, Japan by Local Guide 勝山芳郎, Level 8

Caption: A closeup photo of a parrot on the ground at North Safari Sapporo in Sapparo, Japan. (Local Guide 勝山芳郎)Caption: A closeup photo of a parrot on the ground at North Safari Sapporo in Sapparo, Japan. (Local Guide 勝山芳郎)

10. みなみかた千本桜(西端) in Tome, Japan by  Local Guide Yasumi Kikuchi, Level 10

Caption: A photo of a car driving on a road with cherry blossom trees blooming overhead. (Local Guide Yasumi Kikuchi)Caption: A photo of a car driving on a road with cherry blossom trees blooming overhead. (Local Guide Yasumi Kikuchi)

51 comments
Level 9

Re: 10 photos taken by Connect Live Tokyo 2019 attendees

Thank you @Christina-NYC for such beautiful photos by Connect Live Tokyo 2019 attendees.

They are all prefect.,and it is difficult to say what is the best photo.

But I like most of all photo from local guide from Nagasaki.Water pond and park are amazing and beautiful

Thank you for sharing.

Level 8

@Christina-NYC omg. It's really nice and beautiful photos. I love it. Thank you for share it. 

Level 9

Great photographs. My favorites are number 2, 6, and 7. 😀😀👍

Level 7

Great photos, as i used to be a professional photographer..  good editing and compositions. 

the world is so big and people need to see it all..  thanks for sharing

Level 8
Level 8

Toutes ces photos sont belles et je les préfèrent toutes le Japon est un pays merveilleux que je rêve de découvrir

Level 9

Beautiful selection of photos!  I see @YasumiKikuchi and his wonderful sakura in full bloom.......lovely!

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 5

Hermosas fotos y hermoso lugar. Me encantaría poder conocer Japón, su cultura me parece muy interesante y con mucha historia y tradición. El arte japonés es bastante llamativo y fácil de apreciar. Ademas siempre me han gustado las japonesas 🙂 

Level 8

che dire fantastiche molto belle

Level 8

@Christina-NYC Thank you for sharing these shots with us. My favorite one is number 10 as everything is pink! That pink color of Sakura makes the scenery so beautiful.