ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

10 days to the Summit - Any requests / suggestion that we can bring with us from the Local Guides?

Hi all,
10 days to the Summit, the time seems to move faster now.
There is anything that you would like to highlight, any suggestion, any issue, something that we can bring with us, being a kind of ambassadors of the Community?
The idea is not mine, is coming from an old post that I'm not able to find now, but is an Idea that I like.
Now is the right time, we have a week to talk about this, and to prepare a list.

A kind of "feedback and feature request", to pack all together, about both Maps and Connect.

Any idea, suggestions, requests @DanielaBP, @OSAMA

If you like the idea, please reply here.

Thanks

Ermes

Treviso, TV, Italia
26 comments
Level 10

Re: 10 days to the Summit - Any requests / suggestion that we can bring with us from the Local Guide

Hi @ErmesT thanks for the post. 

Actually I have a suggestion if possible. 

Which place we had reviews ,if someone asked the question, we get notification that someone has a question. Now a days there are storm of irrelevant question. 

My suggestion is there any way to stop the irrelevant question. 

Thanks 

Connect Moderator

Re: 10 days to the Summit - Any requests / suggestion that we can bring with us from the Local Guide

Thanks @AkmalB

I agree with you about the question. The point is that most of the people believe to ask something to the activities, not to the local guide.

This is a good point, I will put in the list.

Ermes 

Level 10

You are welcome ermes.that's great you like it. Thanks 

Level 10

Hello @ErmesT,

Summit 2017 - questions to Google?: Would it be possible to warn Local Guides when they post twice the same photo? This would help Local Guides to  improve the quality of their contributions and may deter spammers.

I would like to illustrate the question with an example.  I took a look at the existing photos of Googleplex on Maps and I was surprised to discover photos not related to Googleplex in any way.

This photo <LINK TO PHOTO REMOVED> shows residential buildings in a forest next to a beach. The other contributions of the guy who posted this photo shows that he posted the same photos on many different Maps points of interest. 

Same issue with this photo <LINK TO PHOTO REMOVED> and the other contributions of the guy who posted the photo

Connect Moderator

Thanks @JeanRV

three different points:

1. Yes, I will put in my list, this is an important point, with a possible technical application. I will add to this the verification (when available) of the geotag of the photo.
  2. The two LG must to be reported for (dont want to say spamming but...) inappropriate contents. Here the indications of how to do it: How Do I Report Content on Google Maps?
  3. For privacy reasons, please edit your post removing the link

I will start a list of the suggestions.

Thanks again

Ermes

Level 10

Hello @ErmesT,

Thank you for your prompt answer. I have removed the links to the Local Guides contributions in my post about spam, should I also remove the links to the photos?

I am used to flag irrelevant pictures but I did not find out how to flag a Local Guide profile. Even after reading  many posts on the subject How Do I Report Content on Google Maps? Is it because there is no way to flag a Local Guide and flagging a picture is all I need to do. Or is it because I did not understand the process?

I have other resquests/suggestion, I will write one post for each request for the sake of clarity

Level 10

Hello,

request / suggestion : Would it possible to display the signature of a post in the same language as the post?

Explanation: I have created a signature in English which is fine to post on boards where the default Language is English. But I would like my signature displayed in French when I post on the French language board. The automated translation of the signature could be an optional attribute of the signature, as some Local Guides may prefer to keep the same signature whatever the board, as they use several languages in their signature (for example @YK1001 signature seems to me to use two languages)

Level 10

Level 8

I want to see examples (in different language) for input of complex addresses into Maps.

Currently, Maps address field is a free text box, which Maps usually failed to parse correctly.