backy0175 from Kyoto, Japan
Level 7

Re: 操作方法の質問

日本語で投稿すると日本語の表示が出ました。

翻訳機能は、ないようですね

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Akhisa-KOBE and @backy0175L

Please forgive my English. I am using the Google Translate widget (located at the top right of this post) to translate from Japanese to English. We do not currently have a Japanese forum, but you are very welcome to post anywhere on this site in Japanese. We all use the Google Translate widget to read posts in many languages. Thank you for being a part of Local Guides and visiting this Connect community 🙂 

Level 10

@Akhisa-KOBEさん

いえ、Local Guides Connectには Google翻訳が組み込まれていますので、日本語で投稿しても翻訳できるようになっていますよ。

投稿を開いたときに画面上部に「Google翻訳」のガジェットは表示されませんか?

Local Guides Connect - Re- 操作方法の質問 - Local Guides Connect_20170119-074834.png

「Google翻訳」のガジェットは一度閉じても投稿を開くとまた表示されるはずなので、「このサイトでは翻訳機能を無効にする」というオプションを設定してしまったか、なんらかの理由で @Akhisa-KOBEさんのお使いになっている環境(パソコン?)で「Google翻訳が機能しない状態」になっている可能性が高いと思います。

とりあえず、日本語の質問には私がお答えできると思いますので、翻訳機能が動作しなくても遠慮せず投稿なさってください。

Hi @Corrie, Thank you following us up. Do you know how to enable translate feature if user disabled translate?

Hello @backy0175L

Apologies for my English. I have two options to translate. I have the Chrome extension at the top of the browser. I also have the Google Translate widget which should show up for you on every page at the top of the first post or article. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 6.06.56 PM.png

Level 10

Hi @Corrie,

Sorry, I'm not good at English, too. I'm Firefox user and I didn't install any extension for translate. But I can see two translate feature as your attached screenshot. So I believe these translate features are supported on Connect. So I'm asking you, how to enable(restore) the Google Translate widget if user disabled it before.

Level 10

Hi @Corrie,

In my quick test, I found that the setting to hide the Google Translate widget is saved in cookies. But I couldn't find a way to manage such settings on Connect. Maybe delete cookies is a only way to restore the Google Translate widget.

Browser Console 3 20170119 132529.png

@backy0175L Let me know if that works 🙂 

Level 10

Hi @Corrie,

Of course, it works fine. But it is not a sophisticated method.