pkino's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

店からのレビュー依頼について(ステルスマーケティング などについて)

Twitterでローカルガイドであることを公表したところ、以下のようなDMが送られてきました。(おそらく、多くの方が経験されていることかと思われます)

「突然のDM失礼いたします。 先方の素晴らしいツイートを拝見させて頂きました。 現在、Googleローカルガイドの方に弊社のGoogleマップレビューをお願いしております。(あくまでも率直なご意見をお願いしております) 謝礼は銀行振込か、Amazonギフト券をご提供しております。 ご検討のほど、宜しくお願い致します」

これに応じて投稿した場合にはステマになるので、依頼された旨を表記する必要があると思います。

ただ一方で、表記したとしてもそれは広告になってしまうのでしょうか?

もし広告になってしまう場合、以下の規約に引っかかるという認識で合っていますでしょうか?つまり、店やレストランからの報酬を伴う依頼には応じてはいけないということでしょうか?

• upload, post, or otherwise make available commercial messages or advertisements, pyramid schemes, or other disruptive notices;
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: 店からのレビュー依頼について(ステルスマーケティング などについて)

@iyudhi

A quick search resulted in what I remembered:

https://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/answer/7411351

Open Text Reviews and Captions

Have a great day

Morten 

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@pkino So if my understanding is correct after translating the post, you're basically wondering if it's okay to accept money/compensation/gift card in return of writing a review, correct?

I skimmed through the terms and conditions, but couldn't find a rule that explicitly says that you can't accept compensation for writing a review. In general, it is frowned upon to receive compensation for writing a review because it might influence the review to be biased.

I'd like to take a look at this following rule from the Prohibited and Restricted Content help page:

Your content should reflect your genuine experience at the location and should not be posted just to manipulate a place’s ratings. Don’t post fake content, don’t post the same content multiple times, and don't post content for the same place from multiple accounts.

So in the end, the important thing is that the review should reflect the actual reviewer's experience., and also to follow the best practice listed in this article - Tips for writing great reviews 

If someone is writing a positive review just because of the idea of getting compensation, that can be considered fake content, and will be against terms and conditions of the program.

I also found out that in USA, it's illegal to buy reviews, according to this FTC article 15 U.S. Code § 45 . Maybe you can try to find out if similar law exists in Japan.

Connect Moderator

Hi @pkino

I believe the GMB rules are clear on this. It is not okay for businesses to solicit reviews by offering rewards.

Here is one reference:

https://support.google.com/business/thread/46446764?hl=en

You can report the business here

Cheers 

Morten 

Connect Moderator

@MortenCopenhagen The post that you referenced only had the reply from the Gold Product Expert saying that it's not acceptable to solicit reviews by offering rewards (which I agree), and nothing else.

I'm wondering if there's any official document from GMB about the rules? Genuinely curious.

Connect Moderator
Solution

@iyudhi

A quick search resulted in what I remembered:

https://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/answer/7411351

Open Text Reviews and Captions

Have a great day

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @MortenCopenhagen this article is perfect. It even explicitly states not to offer money for reviews.

Don’t offer or accept money in exchange for reviews.

Somehow I didn't come across this article when researching earlier.

Connect Moderator

I'm always happy to help, @iyudhi

Cheers

Morten 

Level 6

Thank you all!

I understand the points and the reason article completely.