AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: 在地嚮導挑戰:台北,2017年1月21日 (Local Guides Challenge: Taipei Event, 21 January 2017)

Hi, I've also registration to attend this activities on 1/21, and got the confirmed mail says I already registered completed. But haven't got any email tell me I can go this party or not.

Please help me to figure out this problem, thank you.

also upload the confirmed mail about the registration

Screenshot_20170120-181609.jpg

Level 7

Re: 在地嚮導挑戰:台北,2017年1月21日 (Local Guides Challenge: Taipei Event, 21 January 2017)

差點忘記,這是我註冊當時所使用的信箱地址,請協助確認

[REDACTED]

謝謝,靜待您的回信

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Chia HungN@AnubisHan, we have reached out to you privately. We will edit your replies to remove your email addresses as we value your privacy. Thank you for your patience.

嗨,我們已通過私下與您聯繫。 我們將從以上的回覆中刪除您的電郵地址,以保護您的隱私。 謝謝您的耐心。

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Hi @AradhanaB,

When I look back to the process, I think we observed a cultural conflict here.

For Chinese people, normally when we are invited to an event, that means there is a place reserved for us already.

I read the English versions, it is clear to me that I am being invited to the Registration, but not the Event yet.

Unluckily, the Chinese version of  acknowledgement letter upon successful registration make us think we have place already.

Thus when we do not receiving the final event venue details, we keep wondering.

Level 4

I only received a Chinese version and had to use translation software.  That made it difficult to tell what was going on.  I presumed registration was for the event and that I was being confirmed to attend when the registration was confirmed then I got the email saying I was on the waiting list (much later, had already made plans to attend since the registration was confirmed right away) but now I see it was very strange indeed.  I'm okay with not going based upon registration first-come first-served.  However, I STRONGLY encourage the powers that be make things much clearer for future events.  Many folks likely felt disappointed as their hopes were up for an interesting event only to feel as if the rug were pulled out from under them at the last minute . . . this is likely very much the case for the folks who still don't know if they've been accepted or not - especially as MANY people do not read this forum.

Level 8

致台灣在地嚮導們 :

在我回看這次活動的報安排,我覺得自己做得不夠。

先看看過程。

一  因應我們在大挑戰中的貢獻,在地嚮導團隊選了比較附合條件的,去報名參加活動。 (而他們習慣,沒收到回條是代表不成功的。)

二  報名成功的,會收到回條。

三  被選上出席的, 會收到確認函。

四   為免有人到時不能出席,所以也安排了備取名單。

(只是,中文版的字眼有點令人想多了。)

我相信因為年關迫近,時間選擇不多。(因一早己說了在一月)。台灣公司都在辦尾牙,場地能選的更少了。

一定不能滿足每一個在地嚮導都能出席。

我自己因為收的是英文版電郵,所以今次沒能更早反映情況。

當在G+ 及LINE上有人問時,回答了。

當問題開始在Connect上出現時,也未能提醒在地嚮導團隊。

希望 Google 能很快的再來台灣辦活動。可以讓更多的在地嚮導參與。

Level 3

Thank you before the countdown has an immediate reply to day,
but the unit has not considered quickly so that all had received any "eligible" to participate in the registration of the participants and give them a more correct and "formal" reply to confirm? ?? ??
Whether or not it is possible to participate, regardless of whether the space enough. (These are not the problem, the problem is that your organization did not reply)

In my own case, long ago in the last year's calendar marked 1/21 of the activities, and other matters arranged.
I wonder if this event was hosted by an intern at Google, and that some of the messages were handled and answered with a bit of anger.

I've been very supportive since I knew about the Local Guides and started promoting it with my friends.
But this time really sorry, you really have a little cold.

The future will continue to support, but hope to remedy the situation.

Attached to today's forum in this message, only received mail content.

(I really think google mail into SPAM is a very dumbfounded answer)

Level 4

Hello,  

我想回應一下,其實大多數人應該都能理解,活動主辦單位保留篩選權利,這在一開始報名時,活動網頁也有說明。

但,這裡回覆的大多數人,甚至包含私底下找到我的人問題都在:活動日到了卻依舊不知自己究竟是能出現或在候補名單。

而,Google竟然有發出回覆E-mail還是因為我們上這個討論區才知道,更是讓人沮喪。尤其,我們都早就把時間空下來,準備參加活動。

我們希望參加活動,認識不同夥伴,也開心有機會參加Google嚮導台北活動場,只是,整體的報名流程、註冊後Google卻反應沒收到我們的RSVP,最後出現不能參加......等等。

這些過程容易讓人感到失望。而且,相信不只有我們,因為私底下也有許多朋友跟我一樣,只是他們沒有到這裡反應問題,因為他們根本不知道原來已經發出通知。

希望未來還有機會參加活動,但,活動報名參加方式與進度資訊能夠更容易讓報名者知悉,而不是傻傻地以為自己報名成功,卻在最後一天才知道原來自己不但沒有報到名,收到註冊成功通知卻連資料庫裡沒有自己的資料。

@YK1001 wrote:

致台灣在地嚮導們 :

在我回看這次活動的報安排,我覺得自己做得不夠。

先看看過程。

一  因應我們在大挑戰中的貢獻,在地嚮導團隊選了比較附合條件的,去報名參加活動。 (而他們習慣,沒收到回條是代表不成功的。)

二  報名成功的,會收到回條。

三  被選上出席的, 會收到確認函。

四   為免有人到時不能出席,所以也安排了備取名單。

(只是,中文版的字眼有點令人想多了。)

我相信因為年關迫近,時間選擇不多。(因一早己說了在一月)。台灣公司都在辦尾牙,場地能選的更少了。

一定不能滿足每一個在地嚮導都能出席。

我自己因為收的是英文版電郵,所以今次沒能更早反映情況。

當在G+ 及LINE上有人問時,回答了。

當問題開始在Connect上出現時,也未能提醒在地嚮導團隊。

希望 Google 能很快的再來台灣辦活動。可以讓更多的在地嚮導參與。

Level 8

@phoebei,

我可以話 在地嚮導團隊真的很重視我們每一個人的意見。

回想我對九月份的活動,發了一些回應,也感受到有被參考。

讓我們多來 Connect 發聲,令我們在對地圖貢獻時的須要可被聽到。

Level 2

當時在信箱收到這封信
16128677_1181333538628922_357725364_n.png

回覆之後也只收到了「確認信」,就再也沒有下文了

等到活動日期要到了,想再次確認活動地點
在網路上搜尋到這串討論

這才驚覺我應該是沒有報名成功
不得不說,對Google非常失望
雖然我只是一名新進響導,貢獻微薄

但這次的活動中只有感受到不被尊重

一來是,如果有這麼多的在地嚮導願意參與
為什麼還要讓其他人攜伴,而不是將名額給有意願的其他嚮導?

二來是,即使沒有報名成功,連封回函告知也沒有