DuyguÖzcan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Şevketi Bostan - Cretan dinner in Urla (İzmir)

Şevketi BostanŞevketi Bostan

In the Cretan Turks who migrated to Anatolia, they can be cooked with boned lamb meat (şevketi bostan) or boiled salad (şevketibostan salad). İt is very healthy and tasty food.

Camiatik, Beğendik Abi, Tatar Cami Sokak, Urla/İzmir, Türkiye
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Şevketi Bostan - Cretan dinner in Urla (İzmir)

Hello @DuyguÖzcan,

Thank you for sharing this dish with us, is it specific only to a certain region of Turkey?

I've been to Turkey several times, but never seen this meal before, or maybe I just didn't go the right place where it is served. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

hı @BorrisS 

Where did you visit in Turkey ?

This dish is usually done in the Aegean region of Turkey. If you come in İzmir you can try lot of herbal food. ( I suggest to eat you " Beğendik Abi " in Urla / İzmir.

Generally west of Turkey made herbal food, they made meat Eastern Turkey. 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @DuyguÖzcan 

I too have been to Turkey many times but have never seen this meal.  Is it popular throughout Turkey or just Anatolia?

Leaderboards:  * Points   * Photos   * Videos   * Countries   * Movers & Shakers
  Star Leaderboards:    * Photos    * Videos   * 360 Spheres
  Star Albums:   * Photos   * Videos   * 360 Spheres   * Stars Discussions
  Join in:      * How to Register    * Register   * Login   * Extensions
Former Google Contributor

Thank you for the details @DuyguÖzcan. I've been mostly to Edirne and Istanbul, I guess reason why I didn't come across this meal! 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Hı @AdamGT 

This dish is usually done in the Aegean region of Turkey. If you come in İzmir you can try lot of herbal food. ( I suggest to eat you " Beğendik Abi " in Urla / İzmir.