Hi can somebody explaine me how it works

Hann Maristes 1, Dakar, Sénégal
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Hi I m new to this community and I would like to understand How it Works

Hello  @ZEPZ,

A warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. Great to have you here!

There are lots of ways to use this forum. Primarily it is a place to discuss and exchange with other Google Maps users who have joined the program of Local Guides - meaning people from around the world who want to help others find out about new places.  

As a first step, why don't you explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides? 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 

Don't forget to introduce yourself to your fellow Local Guides, too, and feel free to ask if you need any further help or tips. 

Thanks again and have fun with Local Guides!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello  @ZEPZ,

A warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. Great to have you here!

There are lots of ways to use this forum. Primarily it is a place to discuss and exchange with other Google Maps users who have joined the program of Local Guides - meaning people from around the world who want to help others find out about new places.  

As a first step, why don't you explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides? 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 

Don't forget to introduce yourself to your fellow Local Guides, too, and feel free to ask if you need any further help or tips. 

Thanks again and have fun with Local Guides!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Hi @ZEPZ,

this is a community of local guides: people that are willing to improve google maps and share among them and with the world the knowledge about the places they live in, visit or like.

I suggest reading few articles in the "Getting started" section (click on the grey "hamburger" icon of the menu in the upper left corner of the screen). Also you can simply post a question you have in the forum, but it's better to explore if the answer hasn't been posted before in the "how to..." category. Finally, have fun, share true and valuable information and pictures from the places you know and you can't go wrong.

Sincerely

Martin

Level 4

Me to but i need to explaine to how it works

Level 7

Re : Hi I m new to this community and I would like to understand How it Works

Bonjour, 

Pour bien débuter, en recherchant dans "Conversations by language" tu postes dans la langue correspondante à ton choix.

Bonne journée