Sahilnegi2011's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

untrained local guides are biggest problem

Nowdays i am seen that there are  local guides is not mapping properly.they are add such places which are already included in google maps when they are reward for15

points.it is the biggest problem for google maps because they are not verify this places which is also included in google maps. this problem is only one solution is that you have trained 15 days program in different countries and different cities. to solve this minir mistakes and also give suggestion to new local guides.

10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: untrained local guides are biggest problem

Hi @Sahilnegi2011 I'll move your post to the feedback board. New Local Guides do receive material that helps them to work properly and those that turn up here on Connect receive some induction. The majority of Local Guides do the right thing as they see it. If you have some specific examples of people that you think are doing the wrong thing post into the General Discussion board with the subject "I need to report a Local Guide please contact me" and a Googler will be in touch privately for the details. Do not post any private details into your post.

Regards Paul

View solution in original post

Level 7

untrained local guides are biggest problem

Nowdays i am seen that there are  local guides is not mapping properly.they are add such places which are already included in google maps when they are reward for15

points.it is the biggest problem for google maps because they are not verify this places which is also included in google maps. this problem is only one solution is that you have trained 15 days program in different countries and different cities. to solve this minir mistakes and also give suggestion to new local guides.

Level 8

Is there is any training courses conducted by google for local guides

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @Sahilnegi2011 I'll move your post to the feedback board. New Local Guides do receive material that helps them to work properly and those that turn up here on Connect receive some induction. The majority of Local Guides do the right thing as they see it. If you have some specific examples of people that you think are doing the wrong thing post into the General Discussion board with the subject "I need to report a Local Guide please contact me" and a Googler will be in touch privately for the details. Do not post any private details into your post.

Regards Paul

Level 8

@Sahilnegi2011 you can report that place​ as duplicate place

Level 9

We know it is not easy/ possible to find local guide/map user who added that POI but I think Googler can easily find them.

@Sahilnegi2011 please follow the instructions provided by @PaulPavlinovich. In this case the below link will also be more helpful. 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/m-p/202916#M9...

Thank you

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Hi @Sahilnegi2011 if you would be interested, you could organise some training Meetups in your local area. There is a presentation that you can use and tailor to give a Local Guides Master Class if you would like too.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Ciao @Sahilnegi2011

Ho unito i tuoi due post con lo stesso contenuto. Per favore, se devi modificare un post, usa la funzione di "edit" invece di scrivere un nuovo post.

La mia risposta di oggi ti giunge in italiano, perché sto celebrando il giorno della Lingua Madre: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/A-Tribute-to-the-Language-Martyrs-in-Intern...

Ermes

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich- Thank you so much for the link to presentation.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Hi, Fredrik here I'm kind of one of the "obstreperous" new local guides. Bought a 360 camera in Asia where I'll be hanging around for a time.

So I'm learning by doing, and I thought that I could easily correct the geo data and connections afterwards. But how? I'm just finding reference to the simple street view app, and it's though to see what I'm doing on my little Sony compact phone. But I do have a Linux laptop with me!

For example, i have taken a lot of 360 pictures in a large school in Bali, Green school. But my camera takes the geo position from the telephone which is with me on another location in hiding!

So now it's hard for me to edit the locations for a correct map connection. I do have their simple map and film on most of the area, so i can figure it out.

Sorry for long post, I'm simple asking for tools on computer for editing geo data. And other good to have tools. Linux / android.