Carl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: "Share" button changed to "Screenshot" button issue

Hello @BruceDM, these features are not happening on maps preview. They are happening on the normal Google maps app on certain android devices. We have sent a feedback via the app, you should be able to access the same data / info log on those devices!

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Carl,

Thanks for flagging as I did read the thread very quickly. I went ahead and ran a few tests and did spot the differences on iOS and on some Android devices.  I can share that often times, Google will run tests to small percentages of the Google Maps community, testing out various features to see if they make sense from a user experience and ultimately for a worldwide rollout. 

This is not necessarily a bug and kudos to Local Guides for always being on top of the subtle differences!  If you do or do not like the feature, sending feedback with your thoughts is always welcome.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 5

Yes here's how to shares if your 'Share' button has changed to a 'Screenshot' button ;

Drop a pin on location to share. Now click on the IMAGE to see 360 of location. Only from here can you share location by clicking the three dots at the top right.

I suppose the idea being you always must see a visual before sharing

Level 7

hi jubinbr,

thank you for pointing that out.

however, a procedure like as you have suggested will not work if there is no street view / 360 for a particular location - for example, in the middle of the forest, desert, ocean.

it is not clear to me the introduction of the screenshot icon (and loss of the share icon) was meant to be widely deployed (or deployed at all). only some (or one) variants of the latest google maps app appear to have been affected (and others not), and i have not yet come across anything definitive from google indicating this was intended.

Level 6

Hi... I'm using Samsung S5 and having the same issue. Share button disappered and replaced with screen shot button.

Not a convenient change.

Thanks.

Level 5

Hi there!

My Google maps are facing the same issue. I am unable to see the share button. But instead have a screenshot button .

Very inconvenient. It's pushing me off Google maps. Looking for other maps to use. As the most convenient feauture of Google maps was to share the location onto different apps easily. And now that's not possible. Atleast for places which are offroad/barren land where Google hasn't given a road view yet .

Very very inconvenient. I strongly recommend to bring share button back please .