PhilT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

"Local" Guides

Why don't they have a way to connect with local guides who are actually local.  There is no filter based on my location.  I am not interested in hearing about things in San Diego or Bangladesh.  But more interested in connecting with people in Fairfield County, Connecticut.  Or an area I am close to.   Google really needs to organize this so "local guides" can actually network and band together locally.   This is a pretty poor concept launch and platform if we can't do that.  Again, not interested in local guides and local things to do or see that are not LOCAL.  duh.

Fairfield, CT, United States
1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: "Local" Guides

Hi @PhilT. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Connect is fairly new, having launched just over the summer and we're constantly making improvements. When you are on the homepage, you can select "My location" to see posts near the city where you are signed up for Local Guides or "All locations" to see all discussions all over the world. We created Connect as a single, global community where Local Guides can connect with one another despite any language, geographic or cultural boundaries, but I understand that you would like to find more Local Guides near your geographic area. If you have other specific ideas you'd like to see, that's what this board is for, so please continue to share feedback.

Edited to add a screenshot of where you can see "My location" or "All locations:"

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 6.08.10 PM.png

In the meantime, you can also find Local Guides from your area by searching the community for mentions of your country/city/area to find posts that have that name in the title, in the body of the post of the location tagged in the post. When posting about something specific to your area, I always suggest adding a location to your post to help others find your posts, too (as you did).

If you haven't already, I also recommend reading this post for tips on searching, posting and interacting with the community to make your experience here on Connect much more enjoyable and easier to navigate.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Googler
Solution

Re: "Local" Guides

Hi @PhilT. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Connect is fairly new, having launched just over the summer and we're constantly making improvements. When you are on the homepage, you can select "My location" to see posts near the city where you are signed up for Local Guides or "All locations" to see all discussions all over the world. We created Connect as a single, global community where Local Guides can connect with one another despite any language, geographic or cultural boundaries, but I understand that you would like to find more Local Guides near your geographic area. If you have other specific ideas you'd like to see, that's what this board is for, so please continue to share feedback.

Edited to add a screenshot of where you can see "My location" or "All locations:"

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 6.08.10 PM.png

In the meantime, you can also find Local Guides from your area by searching the community for mentions of your country/city/area to find posts that have that name in the title, in the body of the post of the location tagged in the post. When posting about something specific to your area, I always suggest adding a location to your post to help others find your posts, too (as you did).

If you haven't already, I also recommend reading this post for tips on searching, posting and interacting with the community to make your experience here on Connect much more enjoyable and easier to navigate.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.