knaf's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

immediate "not applied" when adding new places

My first post.  I don't frequent these forums, only read if I have a problem to research.  I'm level 8 / 41,235 at this time.  I know this has been discussed before, but it seems without answers or a good resolution - only guesses as to what is the cause.  I want to mention it again to bring more attention so Google addresses the problem.

Too many times I add a new place and it is immediately not applied.  I understand if don't apply all the information it may not be applied, and I have no problem with this.  But when I supply name, website, phone number, hours, category, date opened, and a picture and it's immediately not applied, I get frustrated and angry.  Maybe I won't even try to do this anymore because its a waste of time more more often than not.

7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: immediate "not applied" when adding new places

Hey @knaf,

Welcome to Connect!

This community is pretty great, there are a lot of active Local Guides here that post a lot of great content.

You can use the bellow: 

Tips for getting started:

Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
- Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
- Share a story with your photo(s) - tell your fellow Local Guides something about the location's history, why you like it,  a few details on what is in the pictures, etc. 
- Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
- Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead.

- There is also a photo limit of 1,000 photos on Connect. If you've reach this limit, you'll have to delete older images before uploading new images. Learn more here.
This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions.

Don't forget to introduce yourself to the other Local Guides on our January 2018 introduction thread, too, if still you haven't done it yet, and feel free to ask if you need any help or tips. 

As for your question, you can check this topic for more information.

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 6

By the way - the not applied status happened to me as well.
I wanted to add a missing pet shop in my neighborhood and the status immediately went to not - applied.
I long though about it and then it hit me, the pet shop was not accepted because the address I wanted to add it to already had a business registered there.
So I just changed the number of the street and voila the pet shop appeared.

Please note that this was just my case, other cases may be different.

Level 10

That's great feedback, thank you. So I guess in this instance you add the new place with a wrong address, get it applied, then mark the old business closed and change the address of the new place later.  A lot of fuss for something that should be so simple.

It would be great if Google would publish for us some criteria about the not applied so we don't need to figure things like this out ourselves.

Level 10

Hi @knaf, You know not applying is so common but it happens rarely. So please tell does this happen for all of your additions? Is this also for all other edits or this is only for additions?

If all of your edits deny instantly then it means that you've done some actions that caused banning your account on Maps. Please describe more

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

It's not for all additions or edits.  Many of them are accepted, but many are not as well.  My account being flagged does not seem to be the issue.

Level 9

Dear @knaf

Nice to hear from you about this same issue again. Already many of top local guide report the same. 

It's happen only for Google mapping algorithm. 

A superior team working hard to resolve issues like that. 

Hope good day will come soon. @Briggs

Level 10

@knaf Yep, So your account status is normal. Don't be discouraged and continue to do your edits with more accurate info. For example adding landline number or prevent from adding general or keyword names are what can help in this case. Also time is another factor so you can try to add one real location on the map again after some days or weeks.

Please read this article in this case.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides