Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

i have updated a location on google but is not showing to others

i have updated a location on google but is not showing to others

4 comments
Level 10

Re: i have updated a location on google but is not showing to others

Hi @Ajaysre, was the update accepted? Normally you get an email about it and/or can see if it's accepted in your maps profile > Edits tab. 

Note that updates need some time to populate over all the Google servers so it may take a while until others can also see the update (this also depends on what exactly you updated - location pins are notoriously slow to update as they also involve the graphic interface of maps). 

If it's a new addition, be prepared that first of all, it usually takes a day or two for a place to show up in Maps. Nowadays it seems to be a bit quicker but there is still some time needed. . 

Then there are tens or (at some places) maybe even hundreds more places mapped in Google Maps than can it on the screen. Google solves this two ways:

1. it only starts displaying "less important" places when you zoom in or
    2. it does not even display some places at the max possible zoom level just when searching for a similar place (category) or explicit name.

There would not be any other way to manage the map. It would be too much cluttered with markers and the data would most probably slow down your browser considerably, too. 

When someone is browsing the area, Google makes assumptions. Say when it "notices" that you are driving, it may display more gas/petrol stations than when you are walking. On the contrary, for walkers it may display cafés and such in the neighbourhood more likely.

Then there is "popularity". Google gets the data if/when a place is packed, how many people go there daily and assumes the place is popular. Also people share lots of photos and reviews, the place is popular. These places are more likely to appear at smaller zoom level - and a brand new addition to the maps cannot compete with such popularity at the beginning at least). 

Also data may come from elsewhere - from the connected website, other social media and so on. These might all be signals for Google whether it should display the place for many people or just a few. 

Maps (just like web search) is also highly personalized. You are more likely to see business categories that you often search for or at least click on than what you don't. 

So don't think it's a personal thing for your additions. 

Level 8

i like to make may location  show up in Maps Pipakis Aluminium Systems  is something i can do for this? thanks

Level 10

Is this the place? 

https://goo.gl/maps/bRjmwAuUPFm

If yes, that POI is well maintained, all necessary (or possible) data is there. Not much else to do...

Level 8

i try everythin is not apear if you dont srchewith the name

thanks