cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

how to start??

hi.

I am arif. 

I am a new local Guide in Bangladesh.  I just want some advice.  how shall start my work?? And what is my benefit in this work???

13 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: how to start??

Hi there and welcome! We have a board specifically for "Getting Started" that has a lot of great discussions about how to get started. Take a look around the board and let us know if you have more questions. For now, I'm going to move your post to the "How do I?" board

I also recommend checking out @CorrieD's tips which will help you to navigate the community and use features such as search which is super helpful for finding quick answers. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hello @Imran KhanA

Please visit this Local Guide page.  I this your all problems solved. 

Enjoy

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
Googler
Solution

Hi there and welcome! We have a board specifically for "Getting Started" that has a lot of great discussions about how to get started. Take a look around the board and let us know if you have more questions. For now, I'm going to move your post to the "How do I?" board

I also recommend checking out @CorrieD's tips which will help you to navigate the community and use features such as search which is super helpful for finding quick answers. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 7

you can add location like shop office any other and they pay you money is this one suggestion or upload piction or 360 view...... 

MohmedZuber Bhoja
Level 7

it for helping people Google Give you Reward

MohmedZuber Bhoja
Level 10

@ZuberBhoja wrote:

you can add location like shop or office or other location and that person pay you money is one of the suggestion

What we, the Local Guides, do is purely a volunteer work (with small perks like Google Drive upgrade in return) 

I, for one, find requesting money (or even accepting what the owner happily offers) for adding his listing to Google Maps, to be wrong on different levels. 

What's your take on this, @TraciC

Level 7

can't do this, just share one type of suggestion, i added many location of my village for helping people,ok don't take it wrong

MohmedZuber Bhoja
Level 1

Totally agree on the no money or compensation issue. The job is voluntary.  

Level 8

Hi,

Just tap the location you know from your map apps on your phone, then give review about the location, if you residing in Dhaka, most of the place is already mapped by mapmakerbd team 🙂 You can share photos but not selfie 😞 which can help people to get idea about the places 🙂  

Googler

Local Guides contribute to Google Maps as individuals and should not accept payment for their contributions, which should be fair, balanced and unbiased.

Organizations, brands and businesses are not eligible for the program. If you are accepting payment for your contributions, you could be seen as an organization, brand or business and would not be eligible to participate in the program, per our program rules.