mukeshmehta's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: did not make it to SF G Summit. I feel discouraged, demotivated and @57 i fooled my "self&q

To be honest with you @mukeshmehta, your first post felt just like a Little baby who didn’t got what he wanted. Now after reading everting and specially this las post of your I understand your point and I’m agree with you with the part that Google could be do it better. I believed this just the 2nd or 3th LG Summit. So, don’t be too rush on them.

It is important to express ourselves and make us hear always in a clear, honest, real and respectful way in order to help build and improve the program.

I hope the guys at Google take note on this and work better in the next LG Summit or event they may considerate and not only in it but, it all the aspect of this community.

Regards!

Level 7

Re: did not make it to SF G Summit. I feel discouraged, demotivated and @57 i fooled my "self&a

@Dec309 I suppose that new to Google, with some time you will understand that they are always changing something, probably next year there will be no LGSummit

Level 8

Re: did not make it to SF G Summit. I feel discouraged, demotivated and @57 i fooled my "self&a

@Tito you suppose right... well kind of… I’m new in connect but I’ve working with google from the past 10 years or so. (not directly with them, but thought out initiatives like this one.)

Level 7

@LukeC wrote:

Beautifully put, there's so many of us in the local guide community, of course we all can't be chosen.

You are right, this is just matter of luck, not of contribution to LG

Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution.

Maybe you are right.

If not... God knows.

Do not give up, there will be another LG event and maybe you are that person who get' invited...

Regards

Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution.

Maybe you are right.

If not... God knows.

Do not give up, there will be another LG event and maybe you are that person who get' invited...

Regards

Level 7

Thanks for being there to understand my point of view and respond. God Knows.

Level 8

Re: did not make it to SF G Summit. I feel discouraged, demotivated and @57 i fooled my "self&q

I am so sorry you feel discouraged and sad. Not being picked is not a reflection on your efforts to help build your community though. Google had an extremely though decision to make, to only pick 150 out of the 9,000+ that applied is very difficult. There were so many great applicants. There were many who were sad about not being picked, myself included. However, it is only one event, there will be other opportunities. Our satisfaction should not be from being able to attend summit, but our ability to help those around you and contributing to our community to make it better! @mukeshmehta Cheer up! LGSUMMIT18 will come around faster than you think!

Level 9

Don't be discouraged, I post a lot of events in our G+ group, but not much here in LG connect.   I didn't get selected, but I feel the friends I made within our community has been a big positive in my life and we all benefit from each other's reviews.  Hopefully next year we'll make it.  

Level 8

Dear @mukeshmehta,

I beg to differ with you. Google Maps contributions are voluntary.

I am making contributions to Google Maps because I like doing that and for no other reason. Though I understand your feelings, however, I must also say that those badges and statements made by Google maps were pure and simple encouragements, if I mistook such statements for promises then I am the one faltering and not Google.

When I started contributing to Google Maps I had no idea that it is such a huge international program and international community and then came an email informing me about the summit and local guides connect and here I am. 

I would like to wish you success and luck for LG summit 2018 and incase you are in Delhi, I would sure love to meet you and invite for a coffee ! ! 🙂

Cheers !