MichelChammas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Your Google Drive bonus storage is about to expire!

Hello

This feature should be extended or permanent to all active contributor.

What do you think?

Chekka, Lebanon
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Your Google Drive bonus storage is about to expire!

Hi @MichelChammas, as indicated by @iDepp, the promotion ended already, and will not be extended

With the end of the free storage promotions, one of the most common question in Connect is: How can I use my space in Google drive?

Of course, with a quick search you will find all the answer, but for an easy reference I will try to summarize in here the most common questions.

The biggest mistake that I did, when I got the free storage, was to save a copy of all my photos in Google Drive. Loading photos in Drive is using your storage space

With a correct setting, you will be able to store:

• Photos, in Google Photos, at High Quality (16MP), for free (unlimited storage)
  • Videos, in Google Photos, at High Definitions (1080P), for free (unlimited storage)

This is the storage I'm actually using:

Total storage.JPG

Most of the space is used for documents that I have in Drive. As you can see from the details, I am not using space for photos

storage details.JPG

And I have more than 7450 files (photos and videos) stored

foto totali.JPG

So, don't worry about space for photos in Google Maps. Make the correct setting, and you will have no problem in storage due to Google Maps or Youtube videos

For more information, here are the links to the help pages:

1. How Google Photos works with Google Drive
  2. Check your Drive storage
  3. Info about upload size
  4. Clear Google Drive space & increase storage
  5. Google photos setting

Hope this can help you

Happy Mapping

Ermes

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @MichelChammas

If you're talking about Google Drive Storage Perk, then please refer Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending post.

This perk gives 100GB Free Drive Storage for 1 Year. if you want to but more storage you can buy it from google.

hope this helps you.

Thank you.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Hi @iDepp I had a 1TB for 2 year ending by July. Thanks for your reply, I already know that but I am proposing a suggestion 🙂
Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @MichelChammas, as indicated by @iDepp, the promotion ended already, and will not be extended

With the end of the free storage promotions, one of the most common question in Connect is: How can I use my space in Google drive?

Of course, with a quick search you will find all the answer, but for an easy reference I will try to summarize in here the most common questions.

The biggest mistake that I did, when I got the free storage, was to save a copy of all my photos in Google Drive. Loading photos in Drive is using your storage space

With a correct setting, you will be able to store:

• Photos, in Google Photos, at High Quality (16MP), for free (unlimited storage)
  • Videos, in Google Photos, at High Definitions (1080P), for free (unlimited storage)

This is the storage I'm actually using:

Total storage.JPG

Most of the space is used for documents that I have in Drive. As you can see from the details, I am not using space for photos

storage details.JPG

And I have more than 7450 files (photos and videos) stored

foto totali.JPG

So, don't worry about space for photos in Google Maps. Make the correct setting, and you will have no problem in storage due to Google Maps or Youtube videos

For more information, here are the links to the help pages:

1. How Google Photos works with Google Drive
  2. Check your Drive storage
  3. Info about upload size
  4. Clear Google Drive space & increase storage
  5. Google photos setting

Hope this can help you

Happy Mapping

Ermes

Level 10

Thank you @ErmesT for your help!

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 9

Can I store in Google Photos also raw files? Is there a MB limit for each photo? Thank you very much!

Connect Moderator

Ciao @Alecat

In Google foto le immagini vengono archiviate gratis alla risoluzione di 16 Mpx. Se imposti l'archiviazione High Quality, quelle di risoluzione maggiore vengono ridotte a 16 Mpx

Se invece vuoi archiviare a risoluzione originale, consumerai spazio. Puoi anche optare per una soluzione ibrida, utilizzando Google Foto in High Quality, e archiviare in Drive quello che vuoi conservare in formato originale.

Ricorda sempre che tutto quello che viene archiviato in Drive consuma spazio di memoria