SergeySud's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Wrong photos added BY GOOGLE

Hi @Cosmo @SergeySud @HsRawal @NatalkaR

I have passed the feedback on - thanks to all for your insight.  We will use it to make program and product changes that improve the experience to all.  We know it is frustrating -  please bear with us.  The team is aware of this and is working on it.

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 10

Hi @MariaBi

One more perfect example come tonight from my Ukrainian fellow:

Google has grabbed the main photo from the competitor:

download_20171205_091428.jpg

https://goo.gl/maps/Cwr3FpJ2a1r

Wise, isn't it?

Level 10

Look at the main photo added by Google to Neftekhimia company - polypropylene producer:

Wrong photo added by GoogleWrong photo added by Google

Is so stupid.

Hi @SergeySud

We passed on your feedback. Please bear with us in the while the team is working on it. Thanks for your patience.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Solution

Hi Sergey!  So good to see you again!  I really appreciate you brining these to our attention.  We are doing our very best to fix these issues but unfortunately it does take some time.   

Please flag the images in maps in the meantime, but be assured, we are trying our best to get correct photos added.  Thanks!

Level 10

Hi @AnnaDickson,

Thanks for answering.

Really really strange - nothing changed, even my examples from topic are still available on Maps, but somebody close this thread, by marking your post as "solution".

Nobody fix nothing, "We are doing our very best to fix these issues but unfortunately it does take some time" you said, but somebody closed the thread as solved....

Indeed, as a Top Contributor, as a Mentor I can say - is really strange. Is not right way to "solve" issues.

Level 10

Thanks a zillion @SergeySud for your concerns about "Wrong photos added BY GOOGLE". I have come across several of such in some locations in Nigeria as well. 

I do flag such wrong photos when I come across them but sincerely I don't get to check again to know if they've been removed or not. Therefore, I give kudos to you and others like you who have been ensuring that appropriate photos are added to the right places on Google Maps.

@AnnaDickson, @MariaBi, please do all you can to ensure that these issues are resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

Level 7

@HarishRawal wrote:

Hi @SergeySud

Thanks for your observation and desire for better map. I am unable to understand that why not Google block such accounts who repeatedly making wrong/spam edits. Google map must have re-introduce Regional Leads like GMM. I think this minimize the spam edit and other issue. LGs at level 7 and above are frustrating here. Team Google must have check their feedback and edits manually rather than Bots. Legitimate edit and important feedback being ignored by bots. I think if this trends remains unchanged Google Map may loose their LGs.

Hope google will take appropriate step at their end.

It has been taken care of now.

https://goo.gl/maps/3t1A8Lt9vDU2

Regards
Vivek Dewanta
Level 7

It has been taken care of now.

https://goo.gl/maps/3t1A8Lt9vDU2

@SergeySud wrote:

Hi fellows,

This is the problem that I mentioned during two summits (LG Summit in SF and TC Summit in Dublin).

Google finds in Internet and add inappropriate images to objects. A very "good" example (I just edited it a little):

This photo has been added by Google ("from Internet") to the Internatiol Bus Hub in Moscow. Now is deleted. 

[REDACTED]

But is part of the trouble. The main problem is that Google makes such a photos the main ones.

One fresh example.

https://goo.gl/maps/yGudnMwbDNt

Screenshot_20171118-124844.png

The object has more than 195 photos. But Google found the most unsuitable one from Internet - the name of the monument on the photo coincides, but it's a photo of an other monument, located in other country. And Google made this photo the main one. :^(

This is a one example from thousands.

Why create a problem? Why use a not very smart artificial intelligence, if users have added hundreds of real photos?

Ping for @AnnaDickson

Thanks in advance for attention to the problem.

Regards
Vivek Dewanta
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent subject. There are so many examples in my country also. This needs to be emproved!