Sarahmw23's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Wrong location showing for an area

I know how to change my location or update an incorrect location now, but the process to figuring it out at first was a bit tricky. I wish there were perhaps a more user friendly way to do this.

5 comments
Level 8

Re: Wrong location showing for an area

Hello @Sarahmw23, Welcome to Local Guides Community. Thank you for your posting. 

@Sarahmw23 wrote:

I know how to change my location or update an incorrect location now, but the process to figuring it out at first was a bit tricky. I wish there were perhaps a more user friendly way to do this.

There has one way for editing any location.

You can try to change address of the location on this way

How to submit "Suggest an edit" 

• Open your computer and browse Google Maps or Open Google Maps app on your phone (make sure you're signed in)
  • Search for a place or click it on the map 
  • Click "Suggest an edit"
  • Tap on the field which you want to change. (Insert information about location)
  • and Click Submit button

After the submission Google Map check your editon. When Google Map approved your edition and then you will be success.

Hope you can understand.

Thanks for being with Local Guides.

Level 8

Hello @Sarahmw23, Welcome to Local Guides Community. Thank you for your posting.

@Sarahmw23 wrote:

There has no way to edit any place. You can change and update any information of any any through "Suggest an edit" option in Google Map.

Level 10

Hi @Sarahmw23

In Google Maps you can suggest an information about any place by Edit Information and Send Feedback in Google Maps.

Google review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.

so sometimes it takes long time to update on google maps.

if you can't edit information in google maps, you can send feedback in Google Maps.

Hope it helps you.

Thank You 🙂

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator

Hello @Sarahmw23,

As you are providing feedback, I have moved your post to the appropriate sub-forum.

The best way to provide such feedback to the Maps team is to use the Send Feedback -> Your Opinions About Maps option within Maps.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Thank you so much, I'll be sure to use that location in the future!