ankur2g's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Wrong Area Name in Address Being Picked

Hi,

I've been on a mission to correct and standardize everything in my neighborhood but there is 1 thing I can't figure out on how to correct.

I live in DLF Phase 2, Gurgaon , Haryana, India.

This is the Area defined as Heritage City on google Maps

And this is the Area defined as DLF Phase 2 on Google maps

Both areas are correctly defined.  However there seems to be a bug where areas in the below region show "Heritage City" as a part of their address, which is completely incorrect.
Here are some examples:

In fact, anything in the below area shows the address as Heritage City, which needs to be corrected.  Heritage City is the area highlighted on the left.  The blue marked area is DLF Phase 2.

Any Idea how this can be corrected?
DLF Phase 2, Heritage City, Sector 25, Sarhol, Haryana, India
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Wrong Area Name in Address Being Picked

Hi @ankur2g

Suggest an edit

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app Google Maps.
  2. Search for a place or tap it on the map.
  3. Scroll down and select Suggest an edit.
  4. Follow the instructions.
  5. Tap Send Send.

Note: If someone submits an edit for a place, you might see the edit. If you’re familiar with the place, tell us if the edit is right or wrong by tapping on the suggested edit. Your feedback will help Google Maps decide if the place's information should be changed.

How long it takes for corrections to be published

We review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.

Level 6

I follow your mentioned steps only but at first it gets wrong address only even if we put right address

Level 10

IMPORTANT!

User cannot correct this problem; Google has to correct and will be attended - but this may take some time. But, as responsible guides, let us report it immediately.

Kindly use "SEND FEEDBACK" (from Menu). Under this Menu, use "WRONG INFORMATION", move cursor to appropriate place and submit.

Hope it is clear; if you need any further information, please inform,

Regards

Level 6

@TravellerG thanks and right now I follow these steps only but it's 2 step work and in step 2 we think the place has been created in right place but whereas it isn't so we've to move it to correct state manually

Level 10

Pointer OK, the address has to be corrected by Google, that is what I meant..

Level 6

@GoogleM can you please look into this?

Level 6

I have tried doing that multiple times now but it doesn't seem to have any affect.  I remember the first time I provided the feedback was about 1.5 years ago and still no correction.

Level 6

I have been fighting a similar problem in the Natalbany region of Louisiana for over a year. Addresses in the area show the wrong city name. They show it as Tickfaw. I keep getting 'Thank You' e-mails for my correction requests but nothing has been fixed and no follow-up messages come. How do we wake somebody at Google up and get them to look at these problems?????
Level 6

This is a report related to the problem.  I'm the Waze volunteer map editor that has been attempting to get the problem fixed since April of 2017.

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&lon=-90.48088&lat=30.54395&zoom=7&mapUpdateRequest=7321061

We definitely need better communications options and methods to fix these problems. 

As I have implied in many of my 'reports' to Google about this problem: this is a life and safety concern because bad routing destinations are being provided which can add many minutes into routing an emergency vehicle to the scene of an emergency and seconds can be the difference between life and death in an emergency.